Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a summary of the steps in the placement round.

a) each player in reverse player order (6 down to 1) must place a clan member. This clan member is free.

b) in regular player order (1 up to 6) each player MAY place 1 more clan member.

c) mark the clan # on the clan track.

Can someone please mark these as true or false for me?

1) In step a) a single valley may not have more than one clan next to it. In other words. Take a given board layout that has only one bear valley in it. In step a) only one player may be next to that one bear valley.

2) in step b) you may get another clan member. How much does that cost? let's assume for the moment that I place a clan member in an empty location next to me first clan member and there's no mountain to cross. Would that cost 1 food? And of course, assuming then that perhaps I do cross a mountain it would be 2 total food. And if I crossed a mountain and placed a clan where 1 player was already present then it would be 4 total food. And if there were 2 other players there already + mountain it would be 5 food total.

3) my confusion here stems from how in later normal rounds, when you get 1 clan member it's one food, but your second clan member in a turn would cost 2 more food for a total of 3 food for 2 workers. So, basically I want to know whether in the placement round the second clan member costs 1 food base cost, or 2 food base cost. I play it as 1 food for the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:

a) each player in reverse player order (6 down to 1) must place a clan member. This clan member is free.

b) in regular player order (1 up to 6) each player MAY place 1 more clan member.

1) In step a) a single valley may not have more than one clan next to it. In other words. Take a given board layout that has only one bear valley in it. In step a) only one player may be next to that one bear valley.

Andy wrote:
False

2) in step b) you may get another clan member. How much does that cost? let's assume for the moment that I place a clan member in an empty location next to me first clan member and there's no mountain to cross. Would that cost 1 food? And of course, assuming then that perhaps I do cross a mountain it would be 2 total food. And if I crossed a mountain and placed a clan where 1 player was already present then it would be 4 total food. And if there were 2 other players there already + mountain it would be 5 food total.

Andy wrote:
All True

3) my confusion here stems from how in later normal rounds, when you get 1 clan member it's one food, but your second clan member in a turn would cost 2 more food for a total of 3 food for 2 workers. So, basically I want to know whether in the placement round the second clan member costs 1 food base cost, or 2 food base cost. I play it as 1 food for the moment.

Andy wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andyholt wrote:
Neo42 wrote:

Andy wrote:
False

Andy wrote:
All True

Andy wrote:

Regarding the thing you said was false. Here's the part of the rulebook that makes me think it's true.

Quote:
a) In reverse player order starting with the last player, each clan must place one clan member on any one empty space of the game board. Next to each hunting area only 1 clan can settle with its first clan member. This first placement is free. Depending on the adjacent hunting area, the clan can harvest the matching goods when it is hunting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:

Regarding the thing you said was false. Here's the part of the rulebook that makes me think it's true.

Quote:
a) In reverse player order starting with the last player, each clan must place one clan member on any one empty space of the game board. Next to each hunting area only 1 clan can settle with its first clan member. This first placement is free. Depending on the adjacent hunting area, the clan can harvest the matching goods when it is hunting

Hmm, missed that part in the rules about only one tribe starting per hex - you are right and I was wrong … and I had just started considering the possibilities of starting in the same space as someone else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate when I have taught a game incorrectly.

:C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Glave
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing it as the first clans member does not count, so the 2nd costs 1 + additional costs of mountains or additional players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.