Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Walschlager
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helllo! Formula One season starts next weekend in real life so how about we run our own league and have a Formula De season? I've run some tournaments in the past and have a good set of house rules to do two lap races and let everyone have some fun. Contact me if you would like to play and I'll set something up soon if I get enough interest. I am located in the San Francisco East Bay area (94551). Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you were a little closer. There are five of us planning to run a league in Sacramento starting in a few weeks. I would love to hear about your house rules though - this will be our first time playing as a league and we haven't settled on a rules set yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Walschlager
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ron,

I agree. I wish I was closer too! With a toddler and a baby at home and life otherwise taking my time that is a bit too far for me to commit to some gaming. Maybe a once in a while thing if you want to get together for FD or other games, but it's hard for me to get free nowadays.

I kept the races to two laps which worked well for timing. No pit stops and reverse order grids to keep all players in the mix. The house rules I made are kind of buried away right now so I'm going from memory. I changed the FUEL attribute to GEARBOX and had possible loss of gears due to over rev and also added a chance to stall out or otherwise "beach" the car on spinouts. This was before current F1 cars have all the great anti-stall s/w and the huge runoff areas, so maybe not so relevant now.

Let me know how it all goes.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.