Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played this game for the first time against someone else, via live Vassal. My opponent, Maciej, was in Europe, so I was up late and he was up early. I was the German, he was the Soviets

The first few turns went okay for me, though a few times I did not sequence my attacks well and I could have destroyed more of his units.

Here is the situation after two turns:

I continued to push south, but not fast enough.

Around turn five I got a break through and captured Maikop on the run, my panzers driving into the unoccupied city.

My opponent launched some strong counter attacks, but I was able to hold the city.

At this point I sent most of my infantry to take Krasnodar and the tanks headed off towards Grozny. However, I was not able to take Krasnodar or anything west of it. The game ended at the start of the seventh turn as I could not earn 14 vps to win the game (tournament).

In retrospect, I should have been more aggressive with the panzers, especially after taking Maikop. There were a few other things I could have done better, the sort of things that come after playing the game for the second time, and the first against a live opponent. My opponent was patient as I figured out the rules. I'm always up for another game on Vassal, live or PBEM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Sarnacki
Poland
Wyszków
Mazowsze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thanks for game Dan. Nice AAR. See you on vassal :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.