Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis O'Connor
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but, do I pay my life tokens to destroy a card? So I'm at 20 and I lose by 2. I want to destroy my aging card, do I need to pay 2 life points for losing then 2 more to destroy the aging card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The amount you paid to lose say 3 life points, you could destroy an aging card (2 LPs) and one regular card (1 LP). No more life points need to be spent for destroying them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis O'Connor
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean I would lose a grand total of 3 food tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, 3 life points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bear in mind that you don't get to choose how many life tokens you spend; that's calculated by your point shortfall. If your point total is only 1 short, you pay 1 life token and are unable to destroy a 2-point aging card. There is no option to pay an extra point to destroy the aging card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The above has vexed me to no end at times. Nothing like being one point short with a hazard-heavy fighting deck against the cannibals on yellow, paying a life point and pulling out an aging card. If it's -2, do I pay the precious few life points to ditch it thereby meaning I'll run into the cannibal on red and all those life points I used to get the 4 fighting points cannibals give gone? If it's 0 with some special ability, I can't discard enough life points to destroy it!

Oh, the aggravation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NICK KOUKOS
Greece
HERAKLION ,CRETE
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I lose a fight and have to pay 3 lives. I have 3 cards which I could remove with one life each (no aging card); but I want one of the three (for future use). Can I choose which card(s) to destroy or I must destroy all of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NKOUK7 wrote:

I lose a fight and have to pay 3 lives. I have 3 cards which I could remove with one life each (no aging card); but I want one of the three (for future use). Can I choose which card(s) to destroy or I must destroy all of them?

You have the choice. Only destroy cards, if you want to do that.

Have fun with Friday,

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NICK KOUKOS
Greece
HERAKLION ,CRETE
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.