Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arcadian Del Sol
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished my set of ITEM tokens for Airborne in my pocket, and 3 days later, if I leave them in a stack, they tend to want to cling to each other - presumably there is just a very fine residue of glue on the edges where I trimmed the squares.

Just curious how long I should expect before the tiles stop tacking to one another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadian Del Sol wrote:
Finished my set of ITEM tokens for Airborne in my pocket, and 3 days later, if I leave them in a stack, they tend to want to cling to each other - presumably there is just a very fine residue of glue on the edges where I trimmed the squares.

Just curious how long I should expect before the tiles stop tacking to one another.

I guess it depends on the brand of glue... How much did you spray? I use Elmer's spray adhesive and it's usually dry in about an hour, but I leave it overnight before cutting otherwise it can get gummy and the glue gets on your blade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom franklin
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super 77 says it's dry in 10 seconds to 15 minutes for a one-sided application. (10 seconds to 30 minutes for a two-sided application.)

I generally let my card sheets dry for at least 30 minutes and haven't had a problem with them being tacky.

Did you use any clear sealant on your card faces before gluing? That might make a difference. (I always clear coat seal mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arcadian Del Sol
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used both Scotch brand spray glue and Elmer's spray glue.

As for how much? About 1 to 2 seconds of spray per surface - just a 'dusting' so to speak.

4 days later and when I pick up some of the cards and try to riff through them with my thumb, Im finding several that want to cling together. Seems excessive.

No I havent used any kind of bonding coat.

FYI: Something for clarification - all glues have 3 stages: wet, dry, and cure. In this case, wet would mean inside the can or just sprayed. Dry is usually 2 to 15 minutes depending on the brand. CURE, however, is the stage when the glue is not simply just dry, but no longer tacky to the touch. Even squeezing it would not result in a tacky bond.

All my cards are dry, but they haven't 'cured' yet and its been several days now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadian Del Sol wrote:

All my cards are dry, but they haven't 'cured' yet and its been several days now.

That seems too long a wait. Hmmm..

How humid is it? Maybe you need a dehumidifier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.