Subject: current monster toughness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip T
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm back again with more questions, clarification of a FAQ. I read a couple of threads here on BGG about it but the discussion seem to against this clarification.

the FAQ states:

Q: When spending monster trophies, do you count any modifiers to toughness currently in effect?
A: Yes, use the modified toughness. This bonus applies to the use of any monster trophies spent at any location.

Some in my group understands this as you have to remember how many toughness a monster had when the killing of it actually took place. And some in my group understands this as it's the current bonuses when turning in trophies that counts.

example: Jane has two fire vampire trophies already in her bag. Fire vampires have their toughness increased by an environment and decides to turn them in during that environment to get the extra bonus worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
It is any bonus/penalty to toughness at the time you trade it in. Plain and simple. No need to remember anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, the level of book-keeping necessary to use any other approach than using the current Toughness would quite ridiculous. Use the current Toughness. Trust me, over a number of games, it'll all even out (at best!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip T
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gert74 wrote:
It is any bonus/penalty to toughness at the time you trade it in. Plain and simple. No need to remember anything.

mccrispy wrote:
Frankly, the level of book-keeping necessary to use any other approach than using the current Toughness would quite ridiculous. Use the current Toughness. Trust me, over a number of games, it'll all even out (at best!)

That's what I thought, but my co-players disagreed, until I explained that it works both ways.

Thank you for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.