Subject: Overdrive finisher vs forced clash (Cherri) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Perepelkin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Current PBF duel made me think about one particular case which I don't know how to resolve.

Cherri uses her Overdrive Finisher (i.e. Special + Strike/Drive/Stare) and antes her token. Rules says that Overdrive always wins priority ties but the token forces clash step independently of priorities so abilities like "win/lose priority ties" shouldn't work in this case (they start to take effect only on the second and up bases played).
So what should happen in this case? If we are to follow rules exactly then both players should choose new base (and Cherri's opponent will lose 1 hp) but it is kinda strange with Special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Cherri's built in effect says 'when the opponent reveals a special action, the token has no effect'. However, this should really say 'when any player reveals a special action'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Perepelkin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Then it makes sense. Too bad Cherri can't add 1 damage to her overdrive in such way though whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.