Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hiya,

taking a poll/market research here to see if there are needs that can be met (in the future ):
Given the array of available podcasts now for boardgaming, what topics would you like to see or hear that may not have been covered by other podcasts?
Comments and suggestions are most welcome

else the standard format seems to be:
1) games recently played
2) 1 or 2 indepth review
3) 1 or 2 topics to talk about
4) contests
5) feedback/emails

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The topics seem fine, but I am more interested in brevity than anything else. I have a lot of things competing for my time, so you have to make it easy for me to fit it in. Keep it to under 30 minutes (or shorter, if you can) and there is a good chance I'll work it into my regular rotation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many board gaming podcasts are too long and not carefully edited. I would definitely listen to a 30 minute, tight podcast on board gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Lau
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like podcasts with game designer/publisher interviews to get an insider view on games and the boardgaming industry. Very insightful when a game designer explains the reasons behind a particular design of a game.

I agree 30 minutes is the optimum time for podcasts but I don't mind if a podcast of an interview with an interesting game designer/publisher overruns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something local. Too many board game reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ah 30 mins.. interesting! that will be something we can take a look at..

local? how like? singlish? ;p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Local events, designers. Wouldn't mind hearing an interview with the designer for dividends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Lau
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Jerome. There are quite a few people in Singapore designing games. I'm sure they wouldn't mind the opportunity to showcase their creations.

This geeklist serves as a master list of local games and their designers. (Just a little self-promo here.)

Other than designers there's also people like Damien and Colin who are stalwarts in Singapore boardgaming retail scene and may be persuaded to share their experiences.

My suggestion: More interviews, less game reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with a local focus. Actually, you may even want to make it an Asia focus, where your goal is to bring information about the boardgaming scene across Asia. I really enjoy hearing about how things are different around the world, and so many of the podcasts have a US focus.

You could have correspondents from different areas of Asia who would each talk about boardgaming news from that area, and then interviews to help a worldwide audience learn about what's going on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can find Mrs Wong, owner of Leisurecraft. The first board game store in Singapore. I believe PI took over from her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hi Scott,

thanks for chiming in !

hi Jerome,
certainly a good idea to try to find and do an interview ;p

hi Elijah
certainly we can do something like that as well.

Dear all,
in general we are planning on starting something and just wanted to do a little "market research" before starting

so any and all comments are most welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is we?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ng
Singapore
flag msg tools
eviltofu wrote:
Who is we?

Who is John Galt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.