Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hades' "To recruit undead" box on pg.2 seems to have two conflicting costs described.

The main text states that you get a free undead (your choice)and then you can buy additional undead, up to 4. I read this as buying 4 figs (mixed as you desire between troops and fleets) would cost 10 GP (Free+1+2+3+4.)

However, the main text is followed by an example that says 2 troops + 2 fleets would be 6 GP. There are two explanations for this:
1) Free+1+2+3=6.
2) 1+2 (for two troops) and 1+2 (for two fleet) IN ADDITION TO the free one.

Now that I type all this out, I think the example of recruiting is saying choice 1, a free troop/fleet plus 3 more would be 6 GP. But until I typed it out, I thought the example was not counting the free one (since it references 'purchasing'.) Unfortunately, either explanation adds up to 6GP, which made it difficult to figure out.

So... can anyone confirm that the example includes the free recruit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has to include the free, because you can only ever purchase ( free or pay for) 4 units total per diety card. This is per the main rule book. But hades breaks that rule by allowing the fifth purchase.

You first example is correct...each purchase past the free goes up by one coin. The price does not reset because you bought a diferent unit type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, explanation number 1 is correct. You have to count the free troop/fleet, as Scott wrote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reaper Steve
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Walker
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
If you can only recruit four undead why are there 10 figures supplied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came across this looking for the same answer and have to agree with what's been said.

Bribaba wrote:
If you can only recruit four undead why are there 10 figures supplied?

Hades allows you to purchase 4 additional undead so you can recruit a total of 5 with him. There are 10 miniatures to cover any eventuality (I.e. 5 troops, 5 fleets or a combination of the 2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.