Drew Hicks
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game seems to encounter problems if players agree to head in four cardinal directions and scrounge for gas cans, and simply attack anyone who refuses to obey this strategy. The game makes players very uneasy and unlikely to trade, so this strategy can pop up even in groups who aren't determined to "game" the system.

If your group cannot be convinced to not play this way (and your Host players cannot take advantage of this situation) then I offer a simple solution:

Block one of the doors out of the reactor room using some kind of token. Count that area as a wall. This means that players will initially have one less path to travel down. If multiple players want to take actions, then, at least one area of the base will contain two players. If, upon hearing this variant, your group decides to elect one player the "passer" who must simply pass and remain in the starting room, then I don't want to know you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good idea!
Although I do not know if it keeps people who try to game the game from doing so (see your passer-idea, which to me sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it takes all kinds)...

A similar thing can be done if you "tweak" the room deck, and include the sick bay in the first four rooms (prepare separately), and maybe one or two parasite rooms.
Although I think your solution will be less likely to clog up the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.