Subject: Chessex counter trays? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried storing the ship upgrade tiles in chessex counter trays? Do the tiles fit well or is the tray too small?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did it, as I found that one of my FLGSs carried the Chessex Counter Trays.
You won't fit them all in one, unfortunately, so you'll need two. Some tile types will take up two compartments.
But with two trays, you can store almost every tile in the game in them (you can fit a few ancients in one compartment, for example. I had mine fill one row of compartments for easy access). I also had the damage cubes in one compartment!
I'm not 100% sure that this is the optimal way of storing the game, but it ain't bad. I hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, that sounds nice! Do they fit in the box with all the other components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oolaa wrote:
Alright, that sounds nice! Do they fit in the box with all the other components?

If you put everything (hex tiles, ships, cubes, etc) in the insert, and put the player sheets on top of the insert, there is just enough room for two Chessex trays and the two bags with their tiles in them, so that the box closes all the way in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds great!

Thanks a lot for the advice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 20-pocket counter trays (like GMT's) are perfect and DO fit all the upgrade tiles. Chessex's trays (while my favorite for other purposes) only have 16 pockets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
The 20-pocket counter trays (like GMT's) are perfect and DO fit all the upgrade tiles. Chessex's trays (while my favorite for other purposes) only have 16 pockets.

You mean like in this picture?

That is one fine looking tray. Might have to hunt some down one day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Northburns wrote:
You mean like in this picture?

Precisely.

I don't like them for most uses (hard to retrieve counters from the pockets, and I don't find the lid very secure) but for this specific purpose, they are perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.