Subject: Terrarium misting advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: hivemind [+] [View All]
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
So my wife has two aquariums she has converted over to beautiful terrariums chock full of dirt, deadwood, moss and luscious green things all basking under artificial sun lights. We love them, but they have one problem. Because she waters them by using a spray bottle set on mist, the sides of the aquarium get residue from the water when it dries which clouds up the glass making it somewhat less attractive. Wiping the glass clean is possible but labor intensive since you have take the aquarium lid and lights off to reach in. Last night I notice this and said:

"Why don't you water it closer to the plants and not get the glass wet?" I ask innocently.

I get a certain look that says obviously you've never tried to water these things have you.

Further explanation makes clear that the spray bottles don't fit into the aquarium lid slots very well and they don't work if she tilts them sideways.

"There's got to be a better way to water them." I say helpfully.

"Any ideas smart guy?"

"How about a smaller spray bottle that fits in?"

"And where do I get one of those?"

"Don't we have somekind of kitchen product or something that comes in a small bottle that mists that we can refill with water?"

"Not that I'm aware of"

"I'll ask the guys and gals of Chit chat."

"The Boardgamegeek Chit chat?"

"Sure. Is there any other? They know everything about everything. I have great confidence in the Hive mind that is Chit Chat."

So I need a way to mist a terrarium close to the plants. What kind of product comes in a small bottle that fits through the typical aquarium slot and mists that I can empty and fill with water? Or some kind of jury-rigged hose thingy or what not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a job for The Mist King!!!

http://www.mistking.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are spray bottles out there that the actual sprayer part is attached to the reservoir by a hose allowing you to get the sprayer into tight places. You could also get a spray bottle used for insecticides. These will have a pump bottle and a long sprayer attachment that you could get up close to the plants very easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a very small mist sprayer. The bottle end is small enough to cover in my hand completely. My wife bought it years ago at the supermarket, so they do exist. I use ours to spray the rosebushes with soapy water when the aphids show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just scanned over your title and I thought you were talking about:

Terrigen Mist- the mists used to create the powers of the Inhumans. My first thought was, how did he get that in real life? Followed by, how quickly can I get to his house? Then my brain shifted out of neutral. So, good luck on your tank misting, not on your creating Inhuman's powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Geosphere wrote:

Great! I can't wait to see my wife's expression when I tell her I spent 300 bucks on a misting system!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
NostraDouglas wrote:
I just scanned over your title and I thought you were talking about:

Terrigen Mist- the mists used to create the powers of the Inhumans. My first thought was, how did he get that in real life? Followed by, how quickly can I get to his house? Then my brain shifted out of neutral. So, good luck on your tank misting, not on your creating Inhuman's powers.

I am not in theory opposed to Terrigen misting the aquariums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Moon Knight wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

Great! I can't wait to see my wife's expression when I tell her I spent 300 bucks on a misting system!

You did not specify any restrictive parameters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.