Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello,

So we have had lots of questions about the rule book. We have one example posted up on Kickstarter, but just for fun, here’s another!

I know, I know; you want to see the whole thing… us too! The fact of the matter is we’re still editing to make it the best it can be.

For now here’s teaser all about the Zombies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Looks pretty good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if this one was out earlier, it would add much help in answering the contest.

p/s I've guessed correctly anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of editing:

"ON NIGHT 3: A success is reduce to just a 6." should read reduced.

The second sentence of 3. is also a bit...sloppy.

Don't mean to nitpick, just noticed it as I read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Todd,

Your "nickpicks" are most welcome I'll change that in the master copy. Thank you for your feedback!

~Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
looks good, but why won't you use your fans to help with the manual? us, that we haven't played the game yet might find rules that are not worded clearly enough or find loopholes that are not intended.

if you post a link (only visible to backers of your game) to a pdf file of the manual, we (the fans) could look through it, check for errors, inconsistencies etc...

inconsistencies on page 18:
- sometimes you use icons, sometimes you do not
-- Defending. Roll [dice] for each Survivor {missing icon} in your Squad.
-- Zombies attacking: [...] 2. The remaining {missing word and icon for Zombies} then each get 1 [dice] {missing word: die}

- missing text (Example 2: If [...]. Drop any {what?})

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Morthe77 wrote:
looks good, but why won't you use your fans to help with the manual? us, that we haven't played the game yet might find rules that are not worded clearly enough or find loopholes that are not intended.

if you post a link (only visible to backers of your game) to a pdf file of the manual, we (the fans) could look through it, check for errors, inconsistencies etc...

inconsistencies on page 18:
- sometimes you use icons, sometimes you do not
-- Defending. Roll [dice] for each Survivor {missing icon} in your Squad.
-- Zombies attacking: [...] 2. The remaining {missing word and icon for Zombies} then each get 1 [dice] {missing word: die}

- missing text (Example 2: If [...]. Drop any {what?})

I'm crossing my fingers I'll be able to hamer out some edits this weekend and send a link out to you all next week in an update. By the way thanks for pointing those things out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You also have verticle line spacing issues on the left column. It's a classic problem I get all the time in InDesign. (im guessing its InDesign).

P.s. please post draft rules, it would help everyone who is on the edge of pledging make a more informed decision plus you get free proof and QA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtroy_de_rapcore wrote:
Well if this one was out earlier, it would add much help in answering the contest.

p/s I've guessed correctly anyway

That's weird. After 2.5 hours of research, I was 100% certain about the other 5 questions and completely guessed on this one. According to the rules above, I was correct with my guess... which makes me wonder which of the 5 I was wrong on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.