Randy Newnham
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oooh... I like it when you touch my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, all!

I am pleased to announce that the game design studion that I am a part of, Escapade Games, just signed a contract to deliver a game by year's end! We're looking for playtesters for our beta. I'm announcing it here because we are interested in havigetting the opinions of people with some design background on our project. Here is some more info:

Story Realms is a brand new roleplaying adventure game, where you get to become the heroes and tell epic stories with your friends and family!

Set in the magical Realm of Storm Hollow, the Story Realms base game provides everything you need to play a complete heroic adventure in less than an hour. One player takes on the role of the Storyteller and runs the adventure for the other players. Everyone works together to create an exciting story and memorable experience. Quality game components help bring the adventures to life by providing visual aids and progress trackers so that you can focus on the action and the story instead of looking up rules and writing stuff down.

The richly detailed and expansive setting of Storm Hollow provides a backdrop for classic storybook adventures with fun twists on familiar themes. Explore the mysteries of the Weirding Wilds, seek out lost treasures in the Blast Rock Badlands, and experience the thrill of the chase setting sail from Land’s End… but beware, for creatures of the Dark lurk in the shadows and heroes are only called to the Realms in times of great need.

In Story Realms, each player gets to play a heroic character class like you’ve never seen before. Will you be a brave Light Bringer, banishing the darkness and inspiring your allies? Or will you take on the mantle of a powerful Spark Caller, master of the elements? Maybe you will become a fabled Rift Walker, able to control the fabric of magic that holds the Realm together? With six different character class options, each player will fill a valuable role in the party and have unique abilities to use.

The game includes everything the players need to get started on their adventures right away; including quick and easy character making, a detailed campaign adventure path, a fully customizable set of encounters and challenges, powers and equipment to level up characters, and rules that are easy to understand and keep the story moving forward.
With Story Realms, the possibilities are endless and great tales will be told of your deeds for generations to come!

Pop by http://escapadegames.com/ if you are interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting, but it seems like a role-playing game, rather than a board game. You may want to post about it in the RPG Design forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Newnham
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oooh... I like it when you touch my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds reasonable. It actually is a bit of a hybrid, but does lean a little more heavily toward being an RPG. I tend to frequesnt the BGG part of the site more, but I'll put this over there, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.