Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
When we last left, I was licking my wounds after losing my Heavy Link, and barely scratching Zac's Recon Link. It's important that I survive this turn, so I can finish off Zac on my turn. Zac only has one Weapon System card, which means I should be relatively safe from his Heavy Link. His Recon Link could move into close range, but the Recon Link only rolls a D6, and is damaged. That would be risky.
Let's see what happened:

Zac lays down his Relay marker on my Recon Link, this is his easiest route to victory, he needs only to do 2 hits to the Recon Link to destroy it and win the scenario. Zac rolls his dice and gets a good mix.

He decides to use the Command result to draw a Weapon System card, and I can't blame him. It does mean I'm safe from his Infantry this turn, but his Recon Link and Heavy Link both activate, luckily the Heavy Link doesn't have line of sight to my Recon Link.

In a bold move, Zac moves his Recon Link into close combat range, his draw must've been terrible. This puts him at risk, if I double him on the roll he loses the scenario. He does however have a plus one on me due to his relay marker.

His Heavy Link takes a step backward?!? not sure what that is about. He could've stepped forward and targeted my Medium Link, perhaps he has no target cards?

On to Combat! Zac top decks another Long Range Bombardment and plays it on his Heavy Link targeting my Recon Link, now I'm in trouble! He gets to add plus 2 to his D10, one for the relay marker, and one for the Long Range Bombardment card. I get a measly D6, as long as he doesn't double me, I can live through it. Zac decides to do the close combat first

The dice are rolled and he gets a 1 to my six, I almost got him! He crits me, and my Recon Link retreats to the edge of the board due to the Anti-Gravity Surge Wildfire result. Luckily I don't take any damage. Overall this is a good thing for me, as now my weak Recon Link is way behind the line. Unfortunately I'm still in range of the Long Range Bombardment card and that is resolved next

Disaster! My dice betrayed me! Anything higher and I would've survived the turn. Because he gets a +1 to his roll due to the card, he doubles my 2 and I lose two power crystals, With a hiss and clank, my Recon Link is down for the count, and the battle is lost

Gloating rites now belong to Zac for dealing such a decisive victory against me. To the victor goes the spoils, and as we are playing the iron stomach version, Zac gets to eat my piece.

I hope you all enjoyed this series of articles going through a complete game. Abaddon is quick to play, Even with rules explanations this battle would only take thirty minutes or so to complete. Zac played well, and the dice favor the bold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. But this is a "Session", not a "Review"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
ADMIN NOTE: Moved to Session Forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.