Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John Moore hosted a weekend getaway on June 16 & 17, 1999 for the Westbank Gamers at his family summer home in Mandeville, Louisiana, located on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain. For those not in the know, Lake Pontchartrain is that large lake which sits north of New Orleans, and is famous for the world's longest bridge which crosses it (24 miles). Unfortunately, from what I understand, it's fixing to lose that title to some long bridge in South America. Oh, well.

Nine gamers attended the weekend, with six of us remaining both evenings for some late night gaming.

DAY 1

Ashton, Darren, Ian and Eric all met at my house around 1PM on Friday to caravan over to the north shore. Unfortunately, the heavens let loose, causing street flooding along the route we took. Thus, what normally would have been a 50 minute journey took 1 ½ hours.

Upon arriving, Eric, John, Ashton and Ian immediately jumped into a game of Wettstreit der Baumeister while Darren and I headed for the grocery store to stock up on food, snacks and sodas. Upon returning, the game was still in its final stages, so Darren and I launched into a game of Hasbro's Clash of the Light Sabers. Darren captured the first battle, but I proceeded to sweep the remaining battles for the victory. Clash of the Light Sabers is a fairly light game, but still offers enough strategy to make it interesting. I certainly hope this is a sign of things to come from the 'new' Hasbro.

Ratings: Greg 6, Darren 5

About the same time, Wettstreit the Baumeister concluded, with Eric capturing the victory. Poor Ashton had actually gotten stuck with three town halls, so his score was abysmal:

Eric 37, John 30, Ian 21, Ashton 13

We immediately began a chart listing the weekend's winners, which was affectionately known as the 'Kick His Ass!' chart. So, whenever anyone was in doubt as to who to attack, we'd quickly consult the chart to see who had won the most games to determine the answer!

Jerry Maus soon arrived, followed shortly thereafter by Clyde Hayman, who we haven't seen very much of since he moved to the north shore late last year. It was certainly good to socialize and game with Clyde again … I miss his presence at the Bayou Bungalow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.