Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

The Manhattan Project» Forums » General

Subject: Card sleeves for the Manhattan Project... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?
badge
Baah!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have recommendations on card sleeves to fit the cards that come with The Manhattan Project?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i had some Mayaday penny sleeves that were spot on - 43mm x 65mm
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards in TMP are "Mini USA" Sized, or 41mm x 63mm

http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-41-63-mm-100-pack-mini-u...


[EDIT: See below]

You can buy these from many board game retailers too, so you can add them to a larger order that might get you free shipping.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schmanthony wrote:
The cards in TMP are "Mini USA" Sized, or 41mm x 63mm

http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-41-63-mm-100-pack-mini-u...

You can buy these from many board game retailers too, so you can add them to a larger order that might get you free shipping.


41mm by 63mm? i guess mine weren't as spot on as i thought. they fit great though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE

Hmm, I just read this on that product page. Now I'm really not sure... Maybe your sleeves are the best size.

Unfortunately we have run across a rather large problem with our yellow (Mini USA) sized sleeves. Our Mini USA card sleeve size was also based on some other company's sizing claims that some really popular games were compatible with the Mini USA sleeves, they are for 41 MM X 63 MM cards. The following games are closer 43 MM X 65 MM, right in between our USA Mini and Euro Mini sizes and do NOT work with the Yellow USA Mini size:

- Arkham Horror and expansions
- Battlestar Galactica and expansions
- Chaos In The Old World
- Middle Earth Quest
- Talisman and expansions
- And others


Are these the sleeves you got?

http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-43-65-mm-100-pack-mini-c...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, the red label ones, and they are not oversized at all (i wouldn't use them if they were)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, it appears I stand corrected. (Obviously I haven't sleeved my own copy).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the main reason i do is because it is really easy to side-shuffle sleeved cards. and riffle-shuffling smaller cards is tough for an all-thumbs guy like me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mleaman wrote:
Anyone have recommendations on card sleeves to fit the cards that come with The Manhattan Project?


Fantasy Flight Mini American Board Game Size (Yellow) work perfectly.

ninja
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?
badge
Baah!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schmanthony wrote:
UPDATE Hmm, I just read this on that product page. Now I'm really not sure... Maybe your sleeves are the best size. Unfortunately we have run across a rather large problem with our yellow (Mini USA) sized sleeves. Our Mini USA card sleeve size was also based on some other company's sizing claims that some really popular games were compatible with the Mini USA sleeves, they are for 41 MM X 63 MM cards. The following games are closer 43 MM X 65 MM, right in between our USA Mini and Euro Mini sizes and do NOT work with the Yellow USA Mini size: - Arkham Horror and expansions - Battlestar Galactica and expansions - Chaos In The Old World - Middle Earth Quest - Talisman and expansions - And others Are these the sleeves you got? http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves-43-65-mm-100-pack-mini-c...
Awesome, thanks for the info! This is a fantastic game Brandon!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really glad you are enjoying it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to save me a trip out to my car, how many cards are in the game, including Nations? Just want to know how many sleeves to buy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
89 including the two "rules" cards for Nation.
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now we have 2 confirmations that the smaller size works:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8777525#8777525
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't buy mayday products so is there an FFG sleeve that fits. It seems the small FFG sleeves may fit can anyone confirm this.

Nevermind followed the link to talk about FFG sleeves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.