Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: I must see this horrible, awesome movie. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Warning: This video is NSFW.
It contains foul language and one quick flash of random nudity. I chose to link the video instead of embed it so that I can still read the responses at work. You have been warned.

http://vimeo.com/14724617

Here is a very brief descriptions from IMDB:

IMDB wrote:
The FP

Two rival gangs fight for control of Frazier Park -- a deadly arena in competitive dance-fight video game "Beat-Beat Revolution."


That's right. This is a movie about the seedy underground of competitive DDR battles. Unfortunately it is only showing one screening in San Francisco tomorrow and that's it. Hopefully I can find a copy on the internet somewhere after that or, even better, it gets released to the public.

Who else has any interest in seeing this over-the-top, cheesy flick?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure this is more than just a parody preview?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forbes

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not me. But I can't really stand cheezy movies, and that looks nigh unwatchable. But it looks funny to see them making a big fuss about playing the game on such a low level.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched that trailer, and, omg, the movie looks so horribly bad it is hilarious.

Not only does it it show the seedy underworld of Dance Dance Revolution battles, it follows the tired and formalistic plot of: Friend dies in competition --> hero blames himself --> Swears revenge --> training montage --> Hero enters competition.

The movie looks: "for reals"

The fact that the 'actors' keep a straight face is amazing. Actually, I have to remove the quotes, because they are actors to be able to keep a straight face for those lines. I would certainly enjoy seeing this with a group of friends, but there must be alcohol and munchies.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Alamo Drafthouse has been all over this, I think. (Probably only the one in Austin, not the red headed stepchildren we have locally).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will watch at home.... wait for edit in about 5 hours.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
This can't possibly be a real movie.

EDIT: *Checks IMDb* ... holy cow, it is a real movie.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
Avatar
mbmbmb
This has already been discussed two times on Chit Chat. Guess it's just that popular.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
clandaith wrote:
This has already been discussed two times on Chit Chat. Guess it's just that popular.


Can you link the the threads? I did a quick search and didn't find anything.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Laudwic wrote:
I watched that trailer, and, omg, the movie looks so horribly bad it is hilarious.

Not only does it it show the seedy underworld of Dance Dance Revolution battles, it follows the tired and formalistic plot of: Friend dies in competition --> hero blames himself --> Swears revenge --> training montage --> Hero enters competition.

The movie looks: "for reals"

The fact that the 'actors' keep a straight face is amazing. Actually, I have to remove the quotes, because they are actors to be able to keep a straight face for those lines. I would certainly enjoy seeing this with a group of friends, but there must be alcohol and munchies.



This is exactly how I feel. Thanks for summing it up so succinctly!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I thought "The FP?" *Click link* "Yep, The FP". I saw the opening 10 minutes through a link someone sent on Facebook, and I'm not sure I'd be able to watch through a whole 90 minute movie.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thermogimp wrote:
clandaith wrote:
This has already been discussed two times on Chit Chat. Guess it's just that popular.


Can you link the the threads? I did a quick search and didn't find anything.


http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/765062/im-smelling-an-oscar-...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to see it, but I don't have high hopes.

They can't even cut a trailer. It is crazy long and reveals what has to be the whole plot. That can't bode well for the movie itself.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What should really scare us from all of this is that, somewhere, someone has this listed on a resume or something similar and is using it to attempt to get other work.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
thermogimp wrote:
clandaith wrote:
This has already been discussed two times on Chit Chat. Guess it's just that popular.


Can you link the the threads? I did a quick search and didn't find anything.


http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/765062/im-smelling-an-oscar-...


I should have known that Chapel would be all over this film. Thanks!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been on here too many times to count
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.