Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
consider:

do I have LOS from B3 to G2? I am not _crossing_ D3, but I am _touching_ D3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you do. Per Rule 9.4, "Hexside LOS refers to any LOS traced along the full length of a hexside between two hexes, and not simply across a hexside into an adjacent hex."

In addition; according to 9.2 "If the LOS passes through any portion of a blocking terrain hex the LOS is blocked".

Through means that even the smallest iota of color or terrain from the hex would need to appear along BOTH sides of the LOS line.

Since neither of those are the case, you have LOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an aside (not really directly related to the question) - another advantage to using oversized-maps is that LOS issues are a little easier to see - especially for those of us with "aging eyes" and bigger hexes make it a little easier to "nudge" pieces out of the way to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
As an aside (not really directly related to the question) - another advantage to using oversized-maps is that LOS issues are a little easier to see - especially for those of us with "aging eyes" and bigger hexes make it a little easier to "nudge" pieces out of the way to check.

Amen to that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.