Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Womack
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend played missile envy and the only three cards I was holding in my hand were scoring cards. Would he choose one of these cards to take? Are scoring cards considered operations cards? Or would the missile envy card simply have no effect and be discarded and that would be the end of his action phase? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would give him one of your scoring cards (your choice). You should thank your opponent for playing Missile Envy so late in the turn as an event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I think you shouldn't have only scoring cards in your hand because, even without Missile Envy, you will lose because holding Scoring Card is prohibited...

FAQ 5.1 answers the case when you hold one scoring card and another no-scoring one :

So, for instance, if a player has two cards left and one of them is a scoring card, when his opponent plays ‘Missile Envy’ and takes the other card, then the player would still have to play the scoring card and hold ‘Missile Envy.’ In this case he would be required to play ‘Missile Envy’ for Operations points in the first Action round of the next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we don't know how many action rounds are left. Maybe he used UN Intervention earlier in the turn, or something like that. But agreed, it was nice of the opponent to play Missile Envy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dampenon wrote:
First, I think you shouldn't have only scoring cards in your hand because, even without Missile Envy, you will lose because holding Scoring Card is prohibited...

FAQ 5.1 answers the case when you hold one scoring card and another no-scoring one :

So, for instance, if a player has two cards left and one of them is a scoring card, when his opponent plays ‘Missile Envy’ and takes the other card, then the player would still have to play the scoring card and hold ‘Missile Envy.’ In this case he would be required to play ‘Missile Envy’ for Operations points in the first Action round of the next turn.

I was assuming he had somehow shrunk his hand so that he would be able to play all cards remaining there (due to UN Intervention or some other card that takes an extra card out of his hand). Of course, if he has fewer Action Rounds left than cards in his hand, he would have been very screwed without Missile Envy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bluenotebooks wrote:
My friend played missile envy and the only three cards I was holding in my hand were scoring cards. Would he choose one of these cards to take? Are scoring cards considered operations cards? Or would the missile envy card simply have no effect and be discarded and that would be the end of his action phase? Thanks!

Scoring Cards are considered to have an Ops value of 0 so you would choose which card to give him, note that where the cards are equal in value it is the 'victim' who has the option to choose which card to hand over, not the player of Missile Envy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Womack
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.