Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might I suggest windshield washer fluid? One jug should last you the entire block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
http://www.gooddeals.com/category/15/Bark+Control.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a set of Bose around-ear headphones that blocks out noise surprisingly well and with a great bass response. Being Bose, however, means it's awfully overpriced (around $150).

Looking through Newegg's offerings and customer reviews, this set seems to be what you're looking for: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
No suggestion, and not giving advice on the dogs. However, I think the idea of walking them - or just being a pedestrian - with noise cancelling headphones on is an invitation to be run over by a vehicle that assumes you will hear it coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Chanfan wrote:
However, I think the idea of walking them - or just being a pedestrian - with noise cancelling headphones on is an invitation to be run over by a vehicle that assumes you will hear it coming.

Yeah, this is why deaf people stay inside all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how much help this will be, since it sounds like it might be a completely different price ballpark, but for what it's worth, here's my experience:

A guy in my office was recently in the market for a pair of noise cancelling headphones. It came down to Bose and Sennheiser, I don't recall the exact model numbers (doing a quick image comparison, I think it was QuietComfort 15 vs PXC 450) but each was around the $350 range. He bought both from Amazon with the plan to return the one he didn't like, so a couple of us thoroughly tested both sets to help him decide.

Noise Cancellation
The Bose had slightly more effective noise-cancellation, but it wasn't a huge difference between the two.

Audio Quality
The Sennheiser had much better audio quality. The Bose were extremely bass-heavy, with mids and highs sounding almost muffled. The Sennheiser sounded crystal clear from low end to high end.

Construction/Looks
The Bose looked and felt a little "cheaper" construction-wise. Looked more plastic-y while Sennheiser looked and felt more solid.

Comfort
The Sennheiser was more comfortable. The "ear well" inside the cushions of the Bose was not as deep so the outer edge of your ear would touch a hard surface inside the headphone, but you didn't notice it after a few minutes. The Sennheiser had just a little bit more room inside so there was no part of your ear touching anything inside the headphone.

Conclusion
If you're just wanting to get as close to complete silence as possible, you would probably prefer the Bose. If you want a great pair of headphones for listening to music, and also very good noise cancellation, Sennheiser would be the better choice.

He ended up returning the Bose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be aware that noise cancelling headphones work best on repetitive noises - like the whine of an engine inside an airplane cabin.

They tend to be only somewhat effective on random noises that change - like people talking, babies crying or dogs barking. I have a high end set of Bose headphones I use when travelling and you can still hear plenty of conversations around you as well as upset children - though at a much reduced level.

Try some out before you buy as they are expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.