Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: I am playing with a playtest deck provided by Andrei using the v0.5 rules.

For a Soldier and Priest to work together, do I have to be the player that has both Professions in front of me? Or can I have the Priest and another player have the Soldier and I will still receive the boost from the Soldier?

When both Soldier and Priest is in play and the Church hasn't been built, what is the total net income provided by the Priest? Is it 3+1 or is it 3 +1+1 ("+1 to Priest" and "+1 from Soldier")? We felt that it meant 3+1+1 but would like this to be clarified.

If my base income is zero and the player to my right has the Soldier, my net income becomes -1. Do I pay one to the bank or do I just get zero? If I have to pay one to the bank and I have no money, what happens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcjsuen wrote:
[i]Disclaimer:

For a Soldier and Priest to work together, do I have to be the player that has both Professions in front of me? Or can I have the Priest and another player have the Soldier and I will still receive the boost from the Soldier?

It can be in front of anyone at the table, you still get the boost.

rcjsuen wrote:

When both Soldier and Priest is in play and the Church hasn't been built, what is the total net income provided by the Priest? Is it 3+1 or is it 3 +1+1 ("+1 to Priest" and "+1 from Soldier")? We felt that it meant 3+1+1 but would like this to be clarified.

Agreed, it is misleading. All the "to" statements are just informative. A pair "to"-"from" provides only once.

In the next version 0.6 I am removing all the "to" statements.
So, if X has the text "+1 to Y" and Y has the text "+1 from X", they are a pair and they do not add up. Sorry to disappoint

rcjsuen wrote:

If my base income is zero and the player to my right has the Soldier, my net income becomes -1. Do I pay one to the bank or do I just get zero? If I have to pay one to the bank and I have no money, what happens?

Your income if negative, it is rounded up to zero. You never give back to the bank in the receive income step.

Thanks for the questions, really good ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.