Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I run Panzer Grenadier Headquarters.

We're nearing our second birthday and in the interest of continuously improving our site I'm interested in hearing from those of you who play PG but don't participate on PG-HQ.

I am happy to hear all reasons, and promise not to criticize any feedback no matter how silly or idiosyncratic. Just trying to do a little bit of market research...

So... if you play PG but don't use PG-HQ, would you please take a moment to tell me why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do use it and recommend it highly. I wasn't on there for a while, and the amount of information that's on the site now is AMAZING!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I primarily use PG-HQ for it's awesome annotated rules section and the game/module dependency lists. I haven’t used the opponent finder tools yet or reviewed many of the AARs yet. I’m not really sure what other main services the site offers.

I would love to see a forum added though. It would be nice to be able to post questions right there instead of having to go elsewhere to get answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Petters
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j3rm wrote:
I primarily use PG-HQ for it's awesome annotated rules section and the game/module dependency lists. I haven’t used the opponent finder tools yet or reviewed many of the AARs yet. I’m not really sure what other main services the site offers.

I would love to see a forum added though. It would be nice to be able to post questions right there instead of having to go elsewhere to get answers.

I wonder whether a forum would be more trouble than it's worth... maybe just links to the BGG and CSW forums. You could even link to the specific game forums here at BGG...

Assuming, of course, that the sharks/lawyers allow linking like that...

I don't use it because it's run by a fish...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dean_1230 wrote:
I don't use it because it's run by a fish...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rouleau
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
In the first two months I started playing Panzer Grenadier, PG-HQ has

1. helped me find a local player,
2. helped me find a Skype player,
3. helped me learn the rules via their annotated rules, and
4. helped me make the best purchase for my gaming table as I was able to determine scenario size and dependencies in the Library (Games) section.

As a new player, I find AARs to be very interesting, especially the ones detailing setups and strategies.

Now for my wants. I would like to see forums added but even more so, I would like to see the addition of tutorials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redcap
England
Higham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears the PG-HQ non-users are not coming forward.

Your market research is not researching the market very well just yet Shadster !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rouleau
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
TheMP wrote:
Your market research is not researching the market very well just yet Shadster !

Shad,

Have you thought of contacting Avalanche Press to see if they would be willing to put a small card describing PG-HQ in their game boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugmenot wrote:

Shad,

Have you thought of contacting Avalanche Press to see if they would be willing to put a small card describing PG-HQ in their game boxes?

I would like to do that because it would be good for PG-HQ's membership rolls, and I firmly believe PG-HQ is good for the PG series.

However, it would bring us (PG-HQ) uncomfortably close to AP.

If AP was adding a half-sheet ad for PG-HQ into every PG game, what happens if we decided to post a long article ripping into them for something?

I'm not sure they would agree to an arrangement such that they promote us, while we reserve the right to call them incompetent asshats. Although I haven't raised the matter directly, so who knows.

My current strategy is to dominate PG searches on Google. That takes time, but our search visibility is getting better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've succeeded in making PGHQ the virtual center of the PG community. But imagine a community where everyone is mute, and all there is to do is visit to check a reference or see what new official poster are on the wall. Too quiet, too dull, not a place where you feel like hanging out and spending time -- pretty and well-organized as it might be. THe lack of a forum is a really big shortcoming. Visit the forums on BGG or CSW or the PG Yahoo group, and you'll often see months go by without many new posts. So the PG community really lacks a lively and active central gathering place and campfire to gather around. That's what really sustains a game system over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadsword56 wrote:
Too quiet, too dull, not a place where you feel like hanging out and spending time -- pretty and well-organized as it might be. THe lack of a forum is a really big shortcoming ... So the PG community really lacks a lively and active central gathering place and campfire to gather around. That's what really sustains a game system over time.

Well said! My main hesitation at this point is that there are not enough regular users of PG-HQ to make the forum "alive".

Most people enter a quiet forum and never return. Forums need a critical mass of active participants.

Furthermore:

* Would a PG-HQ forum pull you away from the PG CSW folders, from BGG PG forums, and from the Yahoo! group?

* If no, do you have time to participate in an additional forum?

These are the two questions that define a PG-HQ forum's success or failure...

Don't get me wrong, I want PG-HQ to have it's own forum, but I don't want it to be stillborn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
I think a PG-HQ forum is a great idea. I'd participate.

Imma callin' yer bluff! arrrh

PG-HQ News: Forums have arrived!

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.