United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
You can find it here:

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drdd/20120314#...

Galen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting that some of the original iterations of cards were more Agricola-like. Overall I like the design choices. Adventuremeeples would still be nice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hassan Lopez
United States
Greenfield Center
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another fun read. I really like a lot of the design decisions they made, including getting rid of resource accrual from turn to turn (as in Agricola), since that tends to be fiddly and slows pace.

The one decision I wonder about is this:

"We had a few Buildings that were very interactive. For example, the Council of Lords allowed you to take an Adventurer from another player. The Shipping Lanes gave you either 5 Gold or let you take 2 Gold from each opponent. The Assassin's Guild House made one of your opponents lose an action that round. All of these were removed for the same reason that we avoided interaction on the Quests—direct player interaction is best done through Intrigue cards."

Personally, I like the sound of these and I think the game could only benefit from a little more player interaction - this is what separates it from many other similar worker-placement type euros, and I suspect that the people who buy this game are the type of gamers who would not be turned off by more direct engagement of this sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But that would weaken the utility of Waterdeep Harbour which I find absolutely genius in how it seems to exact just the right amount of penalty for disrupting another player. Using the buildings for this purpose would disrupt this balance.

I think it is possible to work within the current framework and design more powerful Intrigue cards, hopefully in an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.