Friedrich» Forums » General

Subject: Ven Ist Za Reprint hitting Za States? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Histogames told me to contact RGG. Jay from RGG stated sometime this month (March), but one retailer told me no such thing as it wasn't on their distributor's radar screen.

Does anyone have any idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A
Iceland
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the exact same a similar set of communications -- a quote of March from Jay at RGG, no word from my FOGS (which cited Friedrich's listing as "will be reprinted" vs. "scheduled reprint" as a sign that there was nothing yet in the works).

Anything more specific would be welcome.

edit: upon consideration, my communications weren't exactly the same at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty close, except you didn't write to Histogames. FWIW, everyone in the chain of comms has responded within several days.

It appears that the RGG-distributor-retailer chain has some disconnect... perhaps common for a game of this low reprint size (assumption, as this is a niche-niche Eurowargame thingy).

I'm going to write someone at a large RGG distribution point in Madison and see what they have to say.

Adverb wrote:
I've had the exact same a similar set of communications -- a quote of March from Jay at RGG, no word from my FOGS (which cited Friedrich's listing as "will be reprinted" vs. "scheduled reprint" as a sign that there was nothing yet in the works).

Anything more specific would be welcome.

edit: upon consideration, my communications weren't exactly the same at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The distributor who works in the warehouse where tens of thousands of RGG titles get distributed has not a clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A
Iceland
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No news is good news?

That's disappointing to hear, but since I've already waited two years for a copy/reprint, I guess a few more weeks/months won't hurt. Still, some word would be nice.

Thanks for doing the legwork, Richard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's pretty weird we can't get a straight answer (or an answer!) from anyone. I'm dying to get this game.

Histogame's price, 35 euros, is about $45 USD. Then the shipping is the same price! So, $90 for a game ordered now that will take 4-8 weeks. As much as I don't want to spend that much, I would if I knew the wait will be another 3 or 4 months! This game looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Jay, the Largesse' Cheese, of Rio Grande Games and the company that is importing this title into the states, the copies were in transit a few weeks ago. What stage they were in, he didn't say.

Checking on Thoughthammer's site, they show an updated April 2012 restock date, which seems right.

Therefore, hold off another 4 - 6 weeks. Induce suspended animation if necessary, but try not to spend $90 on the game from Histo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Quote:
Histogame's price, 35 euros, is about $45 USD. Then the shipping is the same price! So, $90 for a game ordered now that will take 4-8 weeks. As much as I don't want to spend that much, I would if I knew the wait will be another 3 or 4 months! This game looks great.

The shipping costs are 18,90 EUR, and it will be airmail (with insurance).

You can also get it for 15,90 shipped (airmail) but without insurance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why you would spend $21.40 to $25.90 on shipping when the same item will be available in the states in a few weeks.

rsivel wrote:
Quote:

The shipping costs are 18,90 EUR, and it will be airmail (with insurance).

You can also get it for 15,90 shipped (airmail) but without insurance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Richard (Sivel) is correct. The cost would be 15 Euros by airmail with the game price at 35 Euros, about $70 USD total with a 12 day shipping time. Rio's order form has 2nd Edition Friedrich listed as arriving in March 2012 for $74.95. I imagine that there will be shipping, too, so it looks like Histogame's price actually is better!

Anyone know of another distributor here (in the U.S.) who will be cheaper?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
GA Jim wrote:
Rio's order form has 2nd Edition Friedrich listed as arriving in March 2012 for $74.95.

That's MSRP. For comparison, consider Carcassonne: Big Box 3 with MSRP $75, can be found at boardsandbits.com for $48.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this is the 2nd edition that RGG is reimporting, but I will check with Jay from RGG to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you make all your buying decisons based on MSRP, well then... good luck with that. I know that my copy shipped to me will cost between $48 to $58, depending on the size of my order. I have a few other games that will keep me busy before Friedrich gets to me, so I can resist the temptation, but your mileage and cost may vary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got notice by an online retailer that...

"Looks like Rio is shipping out to distributors now. We should have it mid-next week.

Once we get a solicitation from Rio (or anyone) we'll be able to put it up on the site for pre-order. Strange how this game just popped up from with no announcements at all. Thanks for giving the early warning!"

So, anyone interested in this game will be able to buy it from US retailers in the next one to two weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay from RGG indicated that it is the Anniversary edition and that the RGG game page has been updated with the new boxart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
I just got notice by an online retailer that...

"Looks like Rio is shipping out to distributors now. We should have it mid-next week.

Once we get a solicitation from Rio (or anyone) we'll be able to put it up on the site for pre-order. Strange how this game just popped up from with no announcements at all. Thanks for giving the early warning!"

So, anyone interested in this game will be able to buy it from US retailers in the next one to two weeks.

This is GREAT news. I will wait! Anniversary edition, too!
Thanks for posting this Richard (Keiser). I was seriously thinking about ordering from Histogame. Nice timing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Alliance Game Distributors is indicating an April 2012 release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Heath
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine yesterday from my FLGS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it looks to be starting to come in everywhere in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.