Subject: Bb:team manager meets battle line? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kendelhardt
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Hmmm, that very brief intro makes this game sound a bit line blood bowl:team manager crossed with battleline. Sounds interesting if it can push the theme and maybe add a little narrative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly what I was thinking. I already have BB:TM so I don't need another game like that, but I'll continue to keep an eye on this and see what develops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looked a lot like that to me also!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fractal Energy
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came to make this same topic basically; my first thought was blood bowl: team manager. I'd have considered this if I didn't already have BB:TM, but I'm contented with the football simulator. I didn't have the opportunity to get into the Defenders universe very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've watched the demo video now. This is only like BB:TM as BB:TM is like Battleline or any one of many games where you play down cards to win the prize in the middle. DotR Battlefields has a combat system that's very similar to BB:TM's tackling. With DotR Battlefields you win cards with various patterns of cards, not just with the highest total. DotR Battlefields has no deckbuilding (and BB:TM's is extremely light). DotR Battlefields's goal is to win a certain number of Battlefields first (fewer if they are certain colors) as opposed to BB:TM's fan totals.

In short, this isn't the same game (no great surprise there), but it does have similarities. I feel it violates my own personal "rule" of not owning two games that are too similar, but I can see where others would feel differently. I do hope to get to play it eventually and... who knows... maybe I'll change my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.