Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During your turn before you have class with a faculty member, perhaps you can choose a card from your hand to put into the classroom. That student can't be or can't have been used to buy something that turn.

1) perhaps you can put one down for each teacher in your hand

2) for each student you put down there definitely means you can't draw a card during the bff draw.

The downside to doing this is less buying power but more control over who fights the teachers and making sure you have something to fight a teacher at all and possibly choosing someone that has a good bff/fight ability stat. But it does also mean less pet teachers and possibly slowing down the game because of more choices, less sanity loss in general, at the expense of creating more some more strategic choices.

Perhaps the sanity markers should start at 10 because of this. Someone suggested that in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
The only problem I have with this variant is it would probably extend the gameplay to around 3-4x longer than what it should be. If you can easily defend off teachers, how is anyone ever going to lose sanity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pickboy87 wrote:
The only problem I have with this variant is it would probably extend the gameplay to around 3-4x longer than what it should be. If you can easily defend off teachers, how is anyone ever going to lose sanity?

Not sure how to fix that. It might indeed slow down the game. Maybe you have to sacrifice 1 sanity to select a BFF from your hand. Either way, the starting sanity would have to be lower than it is now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kiehnhoff
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like anything that slows down sanity loss from classes would further amplify the power of the locker item that saps opponents' sanity for every faculty defeated and the student who does 2 direct sanity damage pre-class. Those cards already seemed very powerful and this would cause their relative power level to be even higher imo.

I'm pretty much on the same side as everyone who has found the game to be lackluster from the perspective of not having enough strategic decisions to make. So far I've gotten this game and Carnival from Kickstarting and they were both awfully disappointing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galin54 wrote:
It seems like anything that slows down sanity loss from classes would further amplify the power of the locker item that saps opponents' sanity for every faculty defeated and the student who does 2 direct sanity damage pre-class. Those cards already seemed very powerful and this would cause their relative power level to be even higher imo.

I'm pretty much on the same side as everyone who has found the game to be lackluster from the perspective of not having enough strategic decisions to make. So far I've gotten this game and Carnival from Kickstarting and they were both awfully disappointing :(

Eminent Domain was a great kickstarter game.

Fealty as well.

Also, I've concluded that I like/love every TMG game so I'll pretty much buy/kickstart anything they do.

Well, as far I'm concerned lockers shouldn't even be in the game. So consider that part of the variant. Also check out my other variant to improve buying options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kiehnhoff
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't checked out Kickstarter early enough to get Alien Frontiers or Eminent Domain (though I did get them after wide scale release and really like both of them). In principle I really like the opportunity Kickstarter presents for game designers, but the more lackluster titles that come out of it, the more it will turn people off. I like your idea of supporting a designer you already know and like, but that doesn't help the people who most need Kickstarter's help. I think in the future designers will need to give more information about the game than they have up to this point. You get some info on theme and art, but gameplay is what matters to a lot of people and you don't get much sense of that at all in the Kickstarter campaign videos in general.

Regarding the variant. Even without lockers, the student that does 2 sanity damage every time she's played will still be a big problem with this variant. Probably need to remove her as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.