NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Social Vampires!
AEG is going to give away complete sets of Nightfall, Martial Law, Blood Country, and The Coldest War via Facebook and Twitter.
You have two chances to win, via both outlets.

Here’s how it works:

Twitter
Follow @alderac on Twitter and tweet this exact message:

Quote:
RT this and follow @alderac for a chance to win a full set of Nightfall! 3 Winners will be chosen March 19! http://www.nightfallgame.com/2012/03/14/nightfall-giveaway-c... #NFContest

If by March 19 we have over 1000 followers on the @alderac Twitter, we’ll give away 6 sets!

Facebook
Visit the Nightfall Facebook page and “Like” it.
Then look for the status update featuring this contest.
Share it on Facebook for your chance to win.
If we get over 2000 followers on Facebook by March 19, we’ll draw 6 winners from there also!

Notes:
Both contests will end approximately noon Central Standard Time on the 19th, when winners will be chosen.
Winners may be from anywhere in the world and AEG will pay for shipping.

Good luck!

Edit: Formatting. (Source)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to tweet the required text, but it is over 140 characters.

I tweeted this

http://www.nightfallgame.com/2012/03/14/nightfall-giveaway-c...

Rather than this

RT this and follow @alderac for a chance to win a full set of Nightfall! 3 Winners will be chosen March 19! http://www.nightfallgame.com/2012/03/14/nightfall-giveaway-c... #NFContest

Is that a valid entry, or do I need to tweet something else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:

lol shake

I'll contact AEG and request a shorter URL to make it work and will check that your entry is valid as well.

See Todd's response below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to tweet it and I am a complete twitter noob. I copied and pasted the text from the nightfall game website rather than here, but then confused myself trying to follow @Alderac.

I THINK the ideal way to do it is search for @Alderac, and then you'll have the option to retweet their latest tweet without the url going wonky. You can then follow them. I don't know whether just tweeting it will be enough or whether you have to specifically 'retweet' it. Who knows...

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself, although have just lost 10 minutes of my life following random links. I think Twitter may have just got another victim...robot

Oh, and liked on Facebook. Here's hoping, and thanks for another great giveaway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you tweet it from twitter.com it automatically reduces the length. And you can just click retweet on the existing tweet (which is kinda the easiest way) when you look at @alderac

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
frumpish wrote:

lol shake

I'll contact AEG and request a shorter URL to make it work and will check that your entry is valid as well.

I copied and pasted everything that was in the quote bar. The URL given can be tweeted fine.

When I read the instructions to tweet the following, and it was all in the quote bar, I figured I should copy and paste everything in the quote bar. If only the url is to be tweeted it works fine.

Retweeting seems to be the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to enter for those three of us on the planet who don't use Twitter or Facebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfie_beast wrote:
Is there any way to enter for those three of us on the planet who don't use Twitter or Facebook?

What wolf said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
No there isn't. This contest is just for that crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Followed and re-tweeted. Thanks for the contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Echo W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
No there isn't. This contest is just for that crowd.

Thanks for the reply. Never hurts to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spicy Ramen
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
By reading this text you pledge to give me GG. So go ahead...tip me.
mbmbmb
I entered in both. Love the game and hope to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there just me who hates spamming other people just to get some free stuff? Thanks for the contest, but I do not participate in the ones, which need sharing something on my wall in Facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a perfectly reasonable personal choice. Fact is however that such promotions do spread knowledge of the product in exponential ways, and they won't go away any time soon. Spreading things on people's "Walls" is to me exactly the reason Facebook and such was invented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting thing: I've never participated in one of these before and when I did this one I was contacted by an old friend on Facebook who saw my shared link and asked if I've ever heard of this website for board games called "Board Game Geek". We've both been on the Geek for who knows how long and never knew the other was here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Darby
United Kingdom
Welshpool
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
That's a perfectly reasonable personal choice. Fact is however that such promotions do spread knowledge of the product in exponential ways, and they won't go away any time soon. Spreading things on people's "Walls" is to me exactly the reason Facebook and such was invented.

Words to live by: on a free internet service, the users are the product, advertisers are the customers, the service is the means of farming the product.

And yes, I'm not only on Twitter and FB, but have entered the competition.

Because I'm a cheap tart. In fact, I'm putting up my own sign here; WILL DO BARE MINMIMUM OF PIMPING FOR THE CHANCE OF FREE STUFF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're my kind of people, Pete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have Twitter... until now, this is absolute madness. I-can't-stop-following.... What have you done to my life AEG, what have you DONE!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got twitterfied for these contests too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been over 200 inches of snowfall this year, I am going stir crazy from being trapped in more snow then Santa's neighborhood gets! I would love to win and review these games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any plans to give away codes for the Nightfall iOS app? I'd bite your arm off for the chance to play that... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jabagi K
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenkachu wrote:
Are there any plans to give away codes for the Nightfall iOS app? I'd bite your arm off for the chance to play that... zombie

If I win a set, I'll gift the app to you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.