Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools

The fifth meeting of the Game of Thrones the Card Game Ottawa league will be on Sunday March 25th. The Location will be the fabulous Wizard’s Tower at 3350 Fallowfield Road in Barhaven (right across from the Fallowfield bus terminal).

We will be running our second Swiss style AGoT Joust tournament. The last tournament had 10 people and i expect 14 or more this time...

The tournament will begin at 5:00 PM. Players should arrive no later then 4:50 PM. The cost of registration will be $5 if you send an e-mail to AGoTOttawa@gmail.com or post here no later then the Friday prior to the tournament or $7 dollars if you forgot to give me a heads up your coming. (Please bring correct change to pay for the tournament entry)

The rules for the Joust tournament are as follows:

All set and chapter packs in the LCG model are legal.

Due to a large number of new players, the unavailability of some chapter packs we will be allowing players to use up to six proxy cards. These proxies must be of a high quality (should be color print outs of the card to actual size). No hand written proxies will be accepted.

All rules from FFG for tournament play are in effect including the banned and restricted list as found here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm... we will be using the most up to date FAQ as of the date of the tournament.

Players will have 45 minutes to complete their joust game after which if a clear winner has not been determined then the player with the most power when time is called will receive the modified win. If both players have the same amount of power after time is called both players will receive a tie.

At the end of four rounds of play the two players with the highest total point score will play to determine who the winner overall is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pye
Canada
flag msg tools
darknoj wrote:

All set and chapter packs in the LCG model are legal.

Due to a large number of new players, the unavailability of some chapter packs we will be allowing players to use up to six proxy cards. These proxies must be of a high quality (should be color print outs of the card to actual size). No hand written proxies will be accepted.

Ooooh, interesting. Now, does that mean six cards in total, or six different cards, plus any duplicates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn, I'll be out of town until April 2! I haven't had my thrones fix in too long. I guess I'll have to catch you guys at the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
It means six cards in total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pye
Canada
flag msg tools
Figured

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pye
Canada
flag msg tools
Before I forget again, I will be there playing Lanni again on Sunday. Richard should be there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Jon - just to clarify, is the A Clash of Arms set considered to be "LCG" era? I want to use a card from Ancient Enemies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
Yes A Clash of Arms is fine. LCG are the following:

Expansions:

A Game of Thrones (Core Set)
Kings of the Sea (Out Of Print)
Princes of the Sun (Out Of Print)
Lords of Winter
Kings of the Storm
Kings of the Sea (Revised Edition)
Princes of the Sun (Revised Edition)
Queen of Dragons
Lions of the Rock

Chapture packs from:

A Clash of Arms
A Time for Ravens
King's Landing
Defenders of the North
Brotherhood Without Banners
Secrets of Oldtown
A Tale of Champions
The Grand Melee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Jackson
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for running this again Jon, I will definitely be there playing Targaryens again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.