Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lennon
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rob Lennon, and I am an independant sports game designer. My company is called Diggin Deep Sports. We offer baseball games, hockey games, tennis games, soccer games, and much more. My games utilize CCG elements for a better gaming experience. My mission plan is to be able to offer high quality traditional play and quick play with stats games for all genres and sports. Grab some dice and re-create history with us!!!

Matchups are key in almost all sports. Normally. in any given circumstance, and one player has a chance to better his opponent. However, in certain situations that a players knows he/she performs well, they can 'dig deep' for that little something extra to tip the scales in their favor. This is the game theory behind all Diggin Deep games.

At this time, I offer seven games:

Diggin Deep Baseball - Traditional Baseball
Fifteen Minute Baseball - Quick Play Baseball with Stats
Diggin Deep Tennis
Cuttin Down the Nets - College Basketball
Diggin Deep Hockey - Traditional Hockey
Lightin the Lamp - Quick Play Hockey with Stats
Glory on the Pitch - Quick Play Soccer with Stats

COMING SOON: Diggin Deep: World's Game - Traditional Soccer

You can visit any of my webites below:
www.diggindeepsports.com - Active, but under construction
https://sites.google.com/site/diggindeepsports - older site, but with more information about my games
http://diggindeepsports.vstoresite.com - My webstore
http://forums.delphiforums.com/DigginDeep/ - A forum to discuss Diggin Deep Sports

Future projects include a football game, a basketball game, and an arena combat game (fantasy based)

Thanks!

Rob Lennon
Diggin Deep Sports

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Press Release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sold on the CCG format? I think an LCG format might make your potential customers happy. Plus, it'd be easy enough to do - buy a team pack for example (I don't know if you have licensing for actual teams or if you would just have to makeup teams - honestly, the LCG format would be easier if you could make up teams).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lennon
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I have copied a post there.

Sorry for the Noob mistake :w

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lennon
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
My Diggin Deep titles utlize whats called 'Check the Deck' 10% of all rolls will have you draw from this deck to see what happens next. This deck is totally customizeable. The card pool varies from 40 cards (Tennis) to over 100 (Baseball). You can decide what goes in the deck, and control certain aspects of the game.

I do not have official licensing. That means I can use real player names, but not team names or logos. I can say Roy Hallady from Philadelphia, not Roy Halladay of the Phillies

My games come in season sets with game parts sold seperately. A current MLB season could have over 1,000 player cards. An older NHL season might have about 150 players.

Thanks for interest!

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. When I read "CCG", my brain translates this to "constantly buying packs" (as I'm sure lots of other people do too). Sounds like you've got a sales model more in line with Strat-O-Matic Baseball, where you buy them as a team and/or season set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lennon
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like you've got a sales model more in line with Strat-O-Matic Baseball, where you buy them as a team and/or season set

This is correct

The CCG elements are the customization of the deck that is used to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Press Releases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lennon
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I just wanted to bump this thread and re-introduce myself. My name is Rob Lennon and I run Diggin Deep Sports. To update my original post, Diggin Deep World's game was released in the Spring of 2012. You can see the BGG link at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/128860/diggin-deep-wo.... I am currently working on Diggin Deep Football, due out in the fall of 2012.

If have been added to the BGG designers database, Rob Lennon. Please check me out and show some support for an independent sports game designer. Diggin Deep Football will be my ninth game across six sports (Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Tennis, and Soccer are the others. Over the coming weeks, I will be adding my games and more content to BGG.

You can check out my website at www.diggindeepsports.com. You can contact me directly at rlennon@diggindeepsports.com or send my an IM from here. Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks!!!

Rob Lennon
Diggin Deep Sports

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.