Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Boor
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please point me to the thread covering game submissions to be considered for the Golden Geek Award at BGGCon 2012?
I have a few I'd like to submit for consideration and would like to know the requirements.

Thanks!
Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Nominations for the 2012 Golden Geek Awards will open later in the year with all titles published within the twelve months after the last nomination period being eligible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
with all titles published within the twelve months after the last nomination period being eligible.

This is a change in requirements from previous years. Aldie specifically declined to put a publication date range on nominees during previous Golden Geek Awards. Here's my question from last year: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7379096#7379096

Personally, I prefer restricting it to the previous 12 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
cbs42 wrote:
W Eric Martin wrote:
with all titles published within the twelve months after the last nomination period being eligible.

This is a change in requirements from previous years. Aldie specifically declined to put a publication date range on nominees during previous Golden Geek Awards. Here's my question from last year: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7379096#7379096

Personally, I prefer restricting it to the previous 12 months.

Thanks for the clarification! This same loosey-goosey approach is in place on the IGA committee since it's easy for games released on the cusp of the nomination to be overlooked otherwise. Either the games are so new that not many people have played them or they're considered too "old" for nomination. Better to keep the nomination dates flexible and let voters have their chance to weigh in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Boor
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a detailed definition of the different categories available and what 'published' actually means?
Print & Play, for example. What does published mean for a game designed to be downloaded?

I'm interested in getting my game, Pirate Hunter, into the 'light/party' or 'family' and 'print & Play' categories - assuming these are continuing into 2012.

Is there a primary source of information for the categories and requirements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.