Subject: More monsters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all,
I am not a lego expert or fan (or hater!) but I want to expand the Heroica series with more monsters/bad guys. Can anyone suggest specific figs I could hunt down to buy? Was there ever a fantasy minifigure set for example? I noticed things like Viking, Gladiator and such but more interested in monsters.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A word to the wise: "microfig" is the term you're after. "Minifig" refers to the larger versions with detachable heads, movable arms & legs etc...

You could always buy other of the LEGO Games series featuring these microfigs - e.g. Minotaurus, Ramses Pyramid, but that's a rather pricey method if all you're after is more dudes.

You might be better served going to Bricklink, and searching for "microfig":
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=microfig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldar Closer
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The scorpion is usually the first to be added to an expanded monster list.
[geekurl=http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30169]BL Scorpion[/geekurl]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banjo
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My added monsters:

Scorpion (Strength 1)
Skeleton Warrior (Strength 2)
Skeleton General (Strength 3)
Mummy (Strength 2)
Mummy Pharaoh (Strength 3)
Minotaur (Strength 4; "boss")
Magma Monster (Strength 5; "boss")
Gorgon (Strength 4; "boss")

The scorpion appears in a few sets (there was a Lego Egypt series a while back, I think); I got my two from a cheap Ninjago kit and a spare 'Ramses Pyramid' game, though I'd like more if I could find them. The skeletons come from the 'Ninjago' boardgame, which I bought an extra one of just to get those cool microfigs for Heroica. Ditto for the Mummy and Pharaoh microfigs, which again come from 'Ramses Pyramid'. Both "bosses" are brick-built; my Gorgon is custom-made (I can share a picture/lxf if anyone wants), while the Minotaur is based on the one from the 'Minotaurus' boardgame and the Magma Monster (which towers over Heroes!) is from the 'Magma Monster' boardgame. All "bosses" use their own health bars, like the Giant Vampire Bat in the new Ilrion set.

I'd love to have some Giant Rats (Strength 1?) to use, but I don't own any (and I think they're rather uncommon, only in Harry Potter sets?).

I wondered if Lego frogs would make a threatening monster (Slime/Gel/Jelly monster substitute)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.