Popular Tags: [View All]
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a spiritual pilgrimage, far from his home in the windy deserts of Sanghalim, Seth Cremmul is seeking wisdom and insight in the forests far to the south. Sent here by Grand Oracle Kallimerina, with nothing more than a command to "look beyond your eyes, beyond the veil", he reluctantly obeys, unsure of his real purpose. Nothing the Grand Oracle says is without layers of meaning and hidden reasons.

His wanderings bring him just a few miles north of Olbara Keep, though he is unaware of this stronghold, nor it's twisted purpose. His sight turned inward, he is startled as he stumbles across Hepzibah Culotre, who is gathering deadly nightshade under the dark of the new moon, for her own foul purposes.

Gasping, he recognizes the necromancer, spoken of in careful whispers in dark corners. A sudden confidence comes over him, stilling his nerves and giving him an almost unnatural stillness. This, clearly, is what Kallimerina saw in her vision, and the reason she sent him to this forsaken place.

Looking into the flashing eyes of the young Oracle, Hepzibah knows that this is no country bumpkin, wandering into an untimely (yet productive) demise. She calls upon spirit of Rexan, feeding her own life force into the shade of the fallen Archmage, filling herself with his strength. There is only one way this can end...

...IN BLOOD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat 1 begins...

oHoooSo

Hepzibah
Life: 20
Discard 1: Pactbond Dash
Discard 2: Anathema Grasp

Seth Cremmul
Life: 20
Discard 1: Fool's Dash
Discard 2: Mimic's Grasp

When you have made your choices, geekmail them to me. Andrey, include your Prediction along with your choice of attack.

Fredi, send your Ante in with your attack.
Also, if you are going to ante more in response to Seth guessing correctly, please include that as well, to save on in-thread time.

I've set default discards. If you want to change that, speak up quickly.
Also, I don't believe Special Actions were discussed. I'm assuming they're YES unless told otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredi der Elch
Germany
flag msg tools
palmerkun wrote:

Also, if you are going to ante more in response to Seth guessing correctly, please include that as well, to save on in-thread time.

I thought, I wasn't able to ante additional tokens if Seth guesses correctly, since verifying the guess happens on reveal. Did I miss something?

Also, thanks for moderating. Again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Verification happens on reveal, of course, as Hepzibah, you already know whether he's right or wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Trubitsin
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
palmerkun wrote:

I've set default discards. If you want to change that, speak up quickly.
Also, I don't believe Special Actions were discussed. I'm assuming they're YES unless told otherwise.

I'm fine with the default discards, yeah.

And yes, I kinda assumed that Special Actions are in by default.

Thanks for modding, sending my pair in a minute or two!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fredi der Elch wrote:
palmerkun wrote:

I thought, I wasn't able to ante additional tokens if Seth guesses correctly, since verifying the guess happens on reveal. Did I miss something?

Like Brad said, Seth is guessing what YOU played... which YOU know. During the ante phase.

Just say "If he's correct, also Ante etc" and I'll handle it automatically
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a sudden flash, Seth sees the witch Driving forward with Almighty strength, a Necrotizing curse repeating on her lips. Warned by this vision, he instinctively Vanishes, only to reappear momentarily behind where he was, with a Shot of mystic power gathering in his hands. Unfortunately, her Endless speed means it's not fast enough as the wave of dark energy slams into him. Stunned with the pain, the mystic energies Seth was gathering dissipate. Clearing his head, he carefully plans his next move...

Beat 2 begins...

oooHooS

Hepzibah
Life: 18
Discard 1: Necrotizing Drive
Discard 2: Pactbond Dash

Seth Cremmul
Life: 16
Discard 1: Vanishing Shot
Discard 2: Fool's Dash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredi der Elch
Germany
flag msg tools
palmerkun wrote:
[q="Fredi der Elch"]
Like Brad said, Seth is guessing what YOU played... which YOU know. During the ante phase.

Oh. Oooohhh! NOW I get it.
This whole "moderated, not face-to-face"-thing is still confusing me. modest I had to imagine the whole process at a real table to get it.

Back to Beat 1: Since Seth is already stunned, I will not spend any additional life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat 2 is up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Trubitsin
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Mistake of beat 1: underestimating the likeliness of a Drive. I should've raised the stakes and made use of Wyrding, maybe Omen. I sure hope this won't cost me the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SingerOfW wrote:
Mistake of beat 1: underestimating the likeliness of a Drive. I should've raised the stakes and made use of Wyrding, maybe Omen. I sure hope this won't cost me the game.

I'm confused. If you weren't expecting a Drive... why did you predict it?

Unless you're absolutely sure you've made the right prediction, Vanishing Shot is a perfect opener. You were just unlucky enough to face one of the few characters who can get around that step-back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Trubitsin
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
palmerkun wrote:
SingerOfW wrote:

I'm confused. If you weren't expecting a Drive... why did you predict it?

Unless you're absolutely sure you've made the right prediction, Vanishing Shot is a perfect opener. You were just unlucky enough to face one of the few characters who can get around that step-back.

I was trying to cover all the possible outcomes with my attack pair and the prediction, but I guess that's not the right way to do it. Well, I'm basically here to learn, and this is a lesson that will help me a lot in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your biggest problem is Hepzibah's ability to ante for priority.
If you want to stay ahead of that, you need to predict correctly.

Otherwise, odds are you'll always go second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the young oracle regained his feet, a flock of ravens burst out overhead, a most Compelling Omen. Smiling, he knew with utmost conviction what the dark witch was going to do, and laughed as the strands of fate manifested, and entangled the startled necromancer, ruining her Bloodlight invocation, which is Anathema to natural life. Even as she screamed that his doom was Endless and Inevitable, she was unable to break the mystic bonds, even with her Almighty strength. Furrowing his brow, Seth commanded the tendrils of fate to drag the apostate closer, so that he could finish her off directly...

Beat 3 begins...

oooooHS

Hepzibah
Life: 15
Discard 1: Anathema Bloodlight
Discard 2: Necrotizing Drive

Seth Cremmul
Discard 1: Compelling Omen
Discard 2: Vanishing Shot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredi der Elch
Germany
flag msg tools
Outch... Good move!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Trubitsin
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Gonna pull Hep two spaces closer to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calling on a past boon from the dark spirit, they infuse her with their Almighty strength, exacting no cost for it... this time. Payment is Inevitable, however, as Hepzibah is well aware.
The dark forces cloud and confuse Seth, and his vision fails him as the witch stands firm against him, rather than dashing away to safety. Undeterred, he grabs her as he was intending and lunges forward, slamming her into the ground, the impact magnified by his own body mass. With the wind slammed out of her, Hepzibah is barely able to move, let alone retaliate. Shoving him off her body, she quickly rolls away and regains her feet. with more of the dark energies still filling her dark soul...

Beat 4 begins...

ooooHSo

Hepzibah
Life: 12
Discard 1: Pactbond Grasp
Discard 2: Anathema Bloodlight

Seth Cremmul
Discard 1: Mimic's Grasp
Discard 2: Compelling Omen

Hepzibah chooses a free ante publicly before the next beat as a result of Pactbond
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredi der Elch
Germany
flag msg tools
I will take Almighty for free next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Trubitsin
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Fredi der Elch wrote:

Figures.

Grasp was the second most obvious outcome here, and I just went for the prediction that would've reaped me higher rewards, both negating the dash by following it and putting you into the corner. This outcome, though, is fine, too.

I'll submit my pair in about two hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredi der Elch
Germany
flag msg tools
SingerOfW wrote:
Fredi der Elch wrote:

Grasp was the second most obvious outcome here, and I just went for the prediction that would've reaped me higher rewards, both negating the dash by following it and putting you into the corner. This outcome, though, is fine, too.

I'll submit my pair in about two hours.

Man, I wish I had that amout of time on my hands to think my moves through...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Trubitsin
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Fredi der Elch wrote:

Man, I wish I had that amout of time on my hands to think my moves through...

I wish I were playing a character that didn't require so much time to think about his moves But hey, the harder the character is to play, the more satisfying it is to be sitting in your opponent's head.

Speaking of which, I tip my hat to you for staying on the offensive last turn. The whole Dash prediction was based on you losing your cool and running away to make some distance for your long-range attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth begins to worry, as his oracular vision seems to be failing it. First it was infallible in telling him the tactics of his foe, but now it seems to be feeding him false visions. While it shows her dashing away with unearthly speed, instead she jumps back, blasting at him with unearthly energy. Fortunately, he is learning not to count on the visions, and lunges forward himself, Dashing under the burst of deadly force. Hepzibah scowls, annoyed that the little worm is still alive. He should have been dead already. Snarling, she begins to draw on more energy...

Beat 5 begins...

ooSHooo

Hepzibah
Discard 1: Darkheart Burst
Discard 2: Pactbond Grasp

Seth Cremmul
Discard 1: Wyrding Dash
Discard 2: Mimic's Grasp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Trubitsin
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Right behind her, of course, to still keep her in melee range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done.

Have at thee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth begins an incantation, knowing he can no longer rely on his oracle's insight. The dark energies surrounding Hepzibah seem to be clouding his vision. He leaps back, casting a clumsiness charm at the witch, in an attempt to make her stumble and miss. Undeterred, she lets loose with a Bloodlight Curse, her words infused with the power of the Almighty. As the magic hits home, Seth screams in pain, helpless as his lifeblood is ripped from his body, and fed into hers...

Beat 6 begins...

oSoHooo

Hepzibah
Discard 1: Accursed Bloodlight
Discard 2: Darkheart Burst

Seth Cremmul
Life: 13
Discard 1: Fool's Burst
Discard 2: Wyrding Dash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.