Subject: Confused regarding play time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arunas Rudis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In „Information“ part of Pax Baltica BGG page, playing time is 60 min.

In „Description“ part, is „The game includes five different scenarios with a varying playtime between two hours and a day“

Could it be clarified?

I especially interested in short scenarios.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
darzininkas wrote:
In „Information“ part of Pax Baltica BGG page, playing time is 60 min.

In „Description“ part, is „The game includes five different scenarios with a varying playtime between two hours and a day“

Could it be clarified?

I especially interested in short scenarios.

Thanks

From what I've gathered, there are scenarios that range from short to long. I would trust the description there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
The shortest scenario is the "tutorial" one on the 1718 campaign in Norway, which should be easily playable in under an hour, but it's really not much good for anything but learning the rules. The shortest of the "real" scenarios will require a few hours to play in my experience.

In other words, stating the playing time as 60min is misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the GMT edition, the shortest scenario is about 60-120 minutes, and it covers the Swedish invasion of Russia and Ukraine.

The Norway scenario in the 3CG edition is too short to be competitive, it is being replaced with an extended example of play covering the same material, which could be "played" by a new player who just wants to figure out the system.

The next two scenarios cover half the war each and should last 3-8 hours. The big grand campaign which covers all 20+ years of the war should take 7-14 hours, barring sudden death victory.

I will see if we can get the "play time" changed. It's not exactly incorrect, but...

Update: I submitted a range of times, but those are not accepted. They suggest an "average" time, but that's not appropriate for PxB. I think we'll just leave it as is and assume people read the description of games they are interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.