Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Trajan» Forums » General

Subject: Seaport Action - Shipping Goods versus PLaying Cards into Personal Display rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
is there any reason why i would not choose the ship goods option and settle for the option to play 1 or 2 cards into my personal display instead ?

the way i read it is that even if i have shipped the goods, the shipped cards still end up in my personal display anyway.
so why have the option to play the 1 or 2 cards instead of just making it less confusing by reducing one extra action to be done at the seaport section ?

is there a strategy to this option that i am not seeing ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Lai
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you play cards without shipping you get to draw replacements, whereas shipping them for points gives you no replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
laiernie wrote:
if you play cards without shipping you get to draw replacements, whereas shipping them for points gives you no replacements.

ah, thank you very much !
i had not caught that portion of it and might not have ever came to that conclusion

thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes! We missed that as well. Glad I saw this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laiernie wrote:

also missed that rule... first play was last night, learning game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.