David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
http://www.westword.com/2012-03-15/news/denver-sign-spinners...

Broken lizard needs to do a movie on these guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed this line from the article:

Quote:
Even the most cursory research on the history of sign spinning shows that more people claim to have invented it than should reasonably want the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that job must be common in Denver, because the article takes it for granted the reader knows what a sign spinner is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this was an episode on Spongebob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
frumpish wrote:
I guess that job must be common in Denver, because the article takes it for granted the reader knows what a sign spinner is.

It's funny, because in posting this without explaining what a sign spinner is... I committed the same mistake (being from Aurora/Denver)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go ahead and clear it up for anyone who was in my shoes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
frumpish wrote:

It's funny, because in posting this without explaining what a sign spinner is... I committed the same mistake (being from Aurora/Denver)
Yeah, I take for granted this isn't everywhere. It was even the occupation of one of Jesse's friends in Breaking Bad. Must be a warm-climate thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no idea there was so much talent near the Rocky Mountains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no way that would fly in Oklahoma, well, actually it WOULD fly...all the way to Wichita Kansas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
bippi wrote:
frumpish wrote:

Yeah, I take for granted this isn't everywhere. It was even the occupation of one of Jesse's friends in Breaking Bad. Must be a warm-climate thing.

Oh, here in Minnesota we have people who stand around outside in all climates holding signs. Some of them are self employed, and some of them employed by companies to hold signs. Neither group spin the signs though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

The Broncos have won two Superbowls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
frumpish wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

"near" is usually less than 10 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
frumpish wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

"near" is usually less than 10 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.