1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [801] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Werewolves pwning villagers: the video game thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Seems like we like to talk about video games a lot. How about a thread?

Generally I play Xbox games...and that's pretty much exclusive now that my laptop is out of commission. Right now I'm playing through the single-player campaign of Mass Effect, supplemented by multiplayer when I feel like it. (Though I'm trying to finish the campaign as soon as possible so I can participate in spoileriffic discussion.)

Next on my list is probably Dragon Age or Deus Ex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon Age 1 or 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been terrible about completing games lately. Got a load I've put down halfway through. Four Heroes, The World Ends With You, Resi4, Shining Force, FF6 again, Chrono Trigger again, Punch Out Wii.

Which is weird, because I'm normally a completionist on this sort of thing. Before this batch I got every star on Mario Galaxy 2, every sword in Muramasa, every item in Other M, I think everything in No More Heroes 2.

Currently playing Skyward Sword, which is very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
Dragon Age 1 or 2?

Er, Origins. I think. Whichever the first one was in the franchise that came out a few years ago. Does that have a number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's just Dragon Age: Origins. But when referring to them, I use 1 and 2 because DA 2 is numbered.

I really liked the first one. I have yet to play the second one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto on finishing ME3 as quickly as possible while still enjoying it. More and more of the internet is having flame wars regarding its ending, so I KNOW I'm going to get spoiled by accident soon if I don't wrap it up. More multiplayer, though, please (and looks like there's a multiplayer DLC in the works, according to some Kotaku rumors).

I was holding onto my copy of Assassin's Creed: Revelations for DLC and because I told myself I'd want to play multiplayer on it again. The latter hasn't happened and the former... well, seeing as the first DLC they made is of zero interest to me (they took the worst portion of the game and made a DLC out of it, yay), I think it's time to let AC:R go to trade.

Ditto Rayman: Origins. It was super-awesome while it lasted, but all Ruth and I have left to do is do 100% completion crap, which I don't care to do, and do the one super-uber-extra-hard bonus level, and after a half hour or so of trying to make it more than a couple feet into the level, we're done with that, I think. Still, I totally recommend Rayman: Origins for anyone who likes platformers, especially if you want to co-op platformer. It's awesome and the graphics are drop-dead beautiful.

Just started Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for the DS. Can't say much so far other than it's kind of cute but also has a "confirm" noise (like when you click a menu button, etc.) that I find kind of grating.

I finished Again and it continued to be laughably awful the whole game through. I'm totally amazed it got published at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:

Currently playing Skyward Sword, which is very good.

That's very high on my "need to play this soon" list after I'm done with ME3. I have trouble doing more than one or two games at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Guenhwyvhar wrote:
Dragon Age 1 or 2?

Er, Origins. I think. Whichever the first one was in the franchise that came out a few years ago. Does that have a number?

I really wanted to like DA:O, but I got through several hours and just felt like it was a slog of a game. I can't even really say why, I just felt bored out of my skull with it, even though in many ways it is Mass Effect-ish. But the setting felt bland and the combat was just totally untuitive and crappy to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
The only console I have is a Wii and several months ago my power cord died. I think it happened during a lightning storm. At first, I thought the whole thing was fried, but a friend snagged my Wii for a week to test it out... Whew! He called a couple days later to tell me it was ok. I haven't been able to get a new power cord for it yet.

But before that I was almost in the last bit of my break from Super Mario Galaxy. Was working on the Comet Challenges, some of them are tough. I'll be looking for lots of hints when I finally can get to playing again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a wii, ps3, nintendo DS, and my computer.

I play WoW a lot on my computer, although it is going ot lose out to Diablo III for a while when that comes out. I did do the one year promise to stay with Wow though, so Diablo III is free for me. I would have kept my WoW subscription anyway so that works.

On my DS I am currently playing March of the MIni's which is amazingly fun for a simple mario puzzle game.

I am also playing Kingdom Hearts Re Coded on my DS. THis one is ok so far, but it's actually kind of annoying playing through the same areas I've already been through once, just now there are boxes everywhere. eh, I will play more and see if i start to like it better.

I'm not currently playing anything on the PS3 or Wii.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:

I play WoW a lot on my computer, although it is going ot lose out to Diablo III for a while when that comes out. I did do the one year promise to stay with Wow though, so Diablo III is free for me. I would have kept my WoW subscription anyway so that works.

On my DS I am currently playing March of the MIni's which is amazingly fun for a simple mario puzzle game.

I am also playing Kingdom Hearts Re Coded on my DS. THis one is ok so far, but it's actually kind of annoying playing through the same areas I've already been through once, just now there are boxes everywhere. eh, I will play more and see if i start to like it better.

Alliance or horde?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
miraria wrote:

Alliance or horde?

I play with a bunch of people that I worked with back when I did tech support so I didn't have a choice. Alliance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I have a DPS mage, healer priest, and bear tank druid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
And I have a DPS mage, healer priest, and bear tank druid.

My first toon was a bear tank back when you'd get laughed at for the idea of trying to tank as a druid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ƒireƒly
United States
Millbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StatSig wrote:

Just started Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for the DS. Can't say much so far other than it's kind of cute but also has a "confirm" noise (like when you click a menu button, etc.) that I find kind of grating.

RHAPSODYYYY!!!!

Cornet is my name and I'm a puppeteer too~~

That game is absolutely ADORABLE!

kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceChem!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
miraria wrote:

Alliance or horde?

I play with a bunch of people that I worked with back when I did tech support so I didn't have a choice. Alliance.

You make me sad.

As for me, the lion's share of my gaming time has been going to SWTOR. Anyone want a trial key?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
miraria wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
miraria wrote:

Alliance or horde?

You make me sad.

As for me, the lion's share of my gaming time has been going to SWTOR. Anyone want a trial key?

I got stuck in an "updater error loop" which the only fix for (discovered and communicated by the community) was to download the client on another PC, hope it doesn't error in the same way, and then transfer files to the affected PC. Then the next time any patch whatsoever is released rinse and repeat. After waiting 3 weeks for a fix without being able to play, only to see a content patch get pushed and the error ignored, I gave up on BioWare being a decent steward of the community's interests and cancelled my subscription.

The game has substantial improvements over WoW, but I can't support a development team that's WORSE than blizzard. They're at my maximum terrible threshold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped playing SWTOR because I hit the top level and had nothing else to do.

Took forever to find a FP group, and the PVP was terrible if you weren't a sith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:

Took forever to find a FP group, and the PVP was terrible if you weren't a sith.

Was PvP that badly unbalanced? I'm not a big MMO PvP player, but I had hoped that it was good in SWTOR. That was the one area I was really looking forward to, but I never got a character very far before the program started being FUBAR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

Was PvP that badly unbalanced? I'm not a big MMO PvP player, but I had hoped that it was good in SWTOR. That was the one area I was really looking forward to, but I never got a character very far before the program started being FUBAR.

Pretty much. Especially open-world PVP.

And the way the gearing works, at max level a fully geared PVP player will basically destroy anyone not geared. They can actually take on like, 2-3. Which makes it almost impossible to gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
miraria wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
miraria wrote:

Alliance or horde?

You make me sad.

lol, I don't get into the story line of WoW or anything. i just like the game and i play where my friends are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
Urza47 wrote:

You make me sad.

lol, I don't get into the story line of WoW or anything. i just like the game and i play where my friends are.

That's a good thing. Blizzard has taken Warcraft lore and drug it through the mud in order to satisfy whatever momentary whim the WoW community (particularly the fickle, vapid portion of the community) and developers happen to want. As a Warcraft player for the past eighteen years, I am more than a little disappointed in that choice. I wish I hadn't been somewhat invested in the lore. It just hurts to see what they've done with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb

Somehow I missed this thread...

dcorrin wrote:
How has this not been created yet...

Looking forward to XCOM: Enemy Unknown more than Diablo III (doesn't it have paid content now?)

Still my favourite has to be civ (particularly the Fall From Heaven mod)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the many reasons I loved Rayman Origins was the fantastic music. Listen to this shit. It's infectiously happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [801] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.