Bob DeSilva
United States
Levittown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you had to pick one Conflict of Heroes game from the series, which one would it be?

Bob D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muaddib7 wrote:
If you had to pick one Conflict of Heroes game from the series, which one would it be?

Bob D.

For me, choice is easy - Price of Honour.

Unfortunately, this does require the purchase of one of the other CoH games (Awakening the Bear or Storms of Steel.)

Between Awakening the Bear and Storms of Steel, I'd pick Storms of Steel. Also, a reprinting of Awakening the Bear will be out in the coming months with new improved components, so you might want to wait before jumping in on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to reinforce Price of Honor. I love it. I love them all, actually, but Price of Honor just makes me smile every time I play one of its scenarios!

Cheers,

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Storms of Steel. More tanks = more fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Another vote for PoH. I love the historical context and I've found the scenarios to be both more balanced and open ended (offers more tactical flexibility).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean halley

Oregon
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Guadalcanal when its released. We should see it this summer. Of the others I like PoH the best, and I am looking forward to the 2nd edition of AtB.

Take care,
Dean Halley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Beffers
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mb
PoH. Most diverse scenarios of the series. Great use of combined arms . Scenarios are generally tougher than in SoS and AtB with more depth. Thorough historical research. Realistic units (yes, horses have benefits). This game is made with a lot of dedication by people who really love what they make. SoS, AtB, are very nice games, PoH is one big step further. And indeed, it makes me smile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only add that I bought SoS to have maps for PoH.
SoS scenarios, though nice, are imba and based on big rolls, whereas in PoH it is all about tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's all about the firefight design - Price of Honour firefights are simply a big step up from the AtB and SoS firefights.

While AtB and SoS firefights are great, the AtB ones often feel like puzzles to be solved, the SoS ones often put you right in the middle of battle without time given to create an overall strategy. Price of Honour, however, seems to not fall into either pitfalls, and the firefights often involve multiple lines of defense, can handle a multitude of strategies, and are just a heck of a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And a catch: You have to buy AtB and Marsh to be able to play the best PoH scenario - Race for Lwow. Creme de la creme!

7 hours of fun, with twists and lot of important decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarcinW wrote:
And a catch: You have to buy AtB and Marsh to be able to play the best PoH scenario - Race for Lwow. Creme de la creme!

7 hours of fun, with twists and lot of important decisions.

Dang it, I got POH and SOS and figure I should be a good boy scout and wait for ATB v2 this September. Woes me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.