Subject: Game of thrones LCG online (web) (updated) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Atehortua
Colombia
Cali
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: this subject has moved to http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

I'm a newcomer to the world of AGOT LCG: Only a month ago I started playing it (and read the 1st book from ASOI&F). The expansions Kings Of the Storm / Princes of the Sun only made matters worse, I'm kinda hooked now.

... and in my condition, I wondered what it'd be like to have a web version of the card game. I'm a maester when it comes to the old programming arts, so I gave the challenge a try.

I now have what I call the 0.1 alpha version of what could become a web version of AGOT:LCG. And I'm posting this here to ask for your help!

If you'd like to help, please feel free to test the app:

http://aws.atehortua.com/thrones/

It requires two players, so you might need a friend, to test it, or at least two separate browsers to use it (example: Chrome and InternetExplorer, or at least a chrome window and a separate Chrome "incognito" window).

If you find anything, post your findings here.

Thank you for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
badge
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Game of thrones LCG online (web) (help wanted)
Nice! I would try to try it and let you know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 things,

1st) You know there is a Lackey and OCTGN plugin correct? I know it isn't the same but I'd hate for you to be doing all this work if all you are really looking for is a way to play online.

2nd) While I applaud the effort unless you've got FFG's permission you're likely going to meet some strong resistance from FFG. I would expect, especially if you implement actual game play features and timing in, that they will do their best to get it shut down as you're going to be violating alot of their copyrights. I'd honestly suggest that if you are going to do this that you just make it available to your and your friends. I don't know what the laws are like in Columbia but I'd at least expect them to issue some cease and desist and some DCMA takedowns to amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Vasquez
Colombia
Medellin
Antioquia
flag msg tools
100% Pure Colombian Geek
badge
Colombia is waiting for you, would you take the risk? (Video in my profile)
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
...Columbia...

It's Colombia shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Vasquez
Colombia
Medellin
Antioquia
flag msg tools
100% Pure Colombian Geek
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adun... no estas teniendo en cuenta cosas como el no attachment... me esta permitiendo ponerle Ice a un chandoso

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Vasquez
Colombia
Medellin
Antioquia
flag msg tools
100% Pure Colombian Geek
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvidalo... acabe de leer que no has implementado nada en el texto de las cartas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Atehortua
Colombia
Cali
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
2 things,

1st) You know there is a Lackey and OCTGN plugin correct? I know it isn't the same but I'd hate for you to be doing all this work if all you are really looking for is a way to play online.

Hey thanx, I didn't know about lackey. Octgn is windows software, I play on a tablet, so I discarded it long ago. I'll check lackey.

Quote:
I'd honestly suggest that if you are going to do this that you just make it available to your and your friends. I don't know what the laws are like in Columbia but I'd at least expect them to issue some cease and desist and some DCMA takedowns to amazon.

Indeed that was my idea. I put it here because I found I need help in getting the rules right (they are so convoluted, and the manual... Well, let's say my group has had problems), that's also why I need to get the rules right, because my main need for this is to help me teach my gaming group. In the event that I complete it, if FFG likes it as a learning tool I'd look for a way to host it, and if they don't, then I'd just adhere to fair use and keep it home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
badge
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Aún no he leido las reglas del juego, voy a tratar de hacerlo hoy y te cuento.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.