Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm doing the podcast tonight with blue and she's so talented I'm sure she has material whenever she wants. But we haven't really planned anything so if there's something you want addressed, answered or whatever, post away.

I did try to think of something unique I could offer and I suggested something along the archivist lines of BGG WW...any lines of discussion about BGG WW history, past games, players, "eras", controversies, etc etc I feel decently adept at answering especially with a little inspection.

Or we can just wing it, which I like, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always interested in hearing about how someone goes into designing their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should talk about your Seer-ness in game 1500. I'm interested to hear the behind the scenes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe talk about the major changes you've seen in WW strategy in general, or what the flow of a game was like a few years ago? I would imagine things change over time, different things become norms for characters, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to know what your turn ons are... RAWR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
I just want to know what your turn ons are... RAWR!

I change my mind. I want to hear this too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's going to be hard to elaborate much on that because the thing that turns me on the most is getting either of you mislynched due to something I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greek2me wrote:
You should talk about your Seer-ness in game 1500. I'm interested to hear the behind the scenes.

whistle While the game is still going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Reminiscences of BGG WW - that's what I'd like to hear ... not that I'm only a month or so behind listening to the podcast ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
What was it like when BGGWW was in it's infancy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheriff WinchesterTides
United States
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to save the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:
greek2me wrote:

whistle While the game is still going on?

I assume that by the time the Podcast is edited and published that 1500 won't be going on anymore...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for the questions everyone. The podcast was very enjoyable. Great fun talking to Blue...but the only frustrating thing is the same frustrating thing in any format. There feels like there is so much in the past to share, things semi-forgotten, things probably forgotten, other thoughts....that can't happen. That happens when you play a long time, and when you're sentimental like I am.

Hopefully I answered some of the things in the podcast or at least gave some idea like -

jamgar wrote:
What was it like when BGGWW was in it's infancy?

Touched on this some, but I would add which I didn't share in the podcast is that it was very exciting. Now there is so much to build on, that it's wonderful starting out. Then it was a large area of undiscovered rolesets, themes, ideas and possibilities with a smaller new group of people - who were all new.

LudesFactor wrote:

Reminiscences of BGG WW - that's what I'd like to hear ... not that I'm only a month or so behind listening to the podcast ...

Wish I could have done more of this...

Guenhwyvhar wrote:
Maybe talk about the major changes you've seen in WW strategy in general, or what the flow of a game was like a few years ago? I would imagine things change over time, different things become norms for characters, etc.

I believe we touched on this some...

Dispaminite wrote:
I'm always interested in hearing about how someone goes into designing their games.

This too...

greek2me wrote:

Couldn't really get into this as the game is still going on. But in general I play like I design, which is in the podcast. Cascading corridors of thought.

---

Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.