Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the differences? I can see the diff in the reply's and the quotes, but it is the "quick" part vs the regular
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Quick will open up a text box immediately under the post you are quoting/replying to. The regular version opens a separate page.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
...and if you choose the "quick" reply (or quote), the option "insert poll" is not showed (no idea why it is the only missing feature, but it has always been so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Quick Quote = the easiest way to find out what's written in that teeny-weeny font...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the beta, there is no longer QuickReply and QuickQuote - everything has been merged into regular Reply and Quote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
In the beta, there is no longer QuickReply and QuickQuote - everything has been merged into regular Reply and Quote.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually pretty nifty. You can collapse your reply to a bar at the top of the page while scrolling through the rest of the thread. And some things that weren't available via buttons are now (e.g. the float tags). And if you have a reply open, hitting quote on different posts adds them to your reply with proper attribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One usability difference is that (at least on other forums) quote gives you a text-area within the HTML or something and hence if you somehow happen to lose the tab you can normally bring it back WITH content using the browsers undo (I think some browsers do undo with java-script to now but maybe it's hard with something like quick-reply? Easy enough to find out whatever both or either work.)

Which is good when bad things happen.

With AJAX and other java-script crap you usually (didn't) have that luck and whatever data you'd put into the element is gone forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Vermeeren
msg tools
keso55 wrote:
What are the differences? I can see the diff in the reply's and the quotes, but it is the "quick" part vs the regular

Is this a quote then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nic Vermeeren wrote:
keso55 wrote:

Is this a quote then?

Yes. And the beginning of a ziggurat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.