Popular Tags: [View All]
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started playing on isotropic in preparation for a tournament here at Snakes and Lattes. I came in second last in the tournament, but on the other hand, I only started playing about a week ago, and the tournament was last Monday.

I read some strategy articles here, played some more isotropic, and all of a sudden something clicked and I started getting into games where I won or came very close, more often than not.

I don't think I want to spend $100+ to actually get the game and expansions, but it's a great game, and the only Euro so far I unreservedly enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm becoming addicted to this game too. I haven't won yet but each game I play I get a little better understanding of the strategies behind each card. I turned a friend at work into isotropic day before yesterday and he's hooked too so now were going to start playing it during our lunch hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Byard
Australia
flag msg tools
Got the (physical) game 14 months ago and the expansions a soon as they have become available. I've been playing it every week and I am not close to getting bored with it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonithic wrote:
I don't think I want to spend $100+ to actually get the game and expansions, but it's a great game, and the only Euro so far I unreservedly enjoy!

Worth every penny. The nearly $200 I have spent on Dominion is the most well spent money I have spent on this hobby bar none!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as I play daily games of Dominion on Isotropic, I plan to buy every expansion even though the cards tend to sit in a box in my house and rarely get played. I want to support Donald and Rio Grande even though I mostly play the game free online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buggy wrote:
As long as I play daily games of Dominion on Isotropic, I plan to buy every expansion even though the cards tend to sit in a box in my house and rarely get played. I want to support Donald and Rio Grande even though I mostly play the game free online.

It's a fair point. Maybe I'll start off slowly with building my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Stetson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
meh, it's just a cheap Thunderstone rip off IMO...jk

I love me some dominion too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
Leonithic wrote:

Worth every penny. The nearly $200 I have spent on Dominion is the most well spent money I have spent on this hobby bar none!

Had I plunked down $200 all at once I would have been nervous but still very happy in the end. Buying them over time is a no brainer. I have easily gotten my money's worth and no burn out in sight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
Redward wrote:
Leonithic wrote:

Had I plunked down $200 all at once I would have been nervous but still very happy in the end. Buying them over time is a no brainer. I have easily gotten my money's worth and no burn out in sight.

I second this motion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonithic wrote:
I started playing on isotropic in preparation for a tournament here at Snakes and Lattes. I came in second last in the tournament, but on the other hand, I only started playing about a week ago, and the tournament was last Monday.

I read some strategy articles here, played some more isotropic, and all of a sudden something clicked and I started getting into games where I won or came very close, more often than not.

Start with two boxes and then integrate another box every 6 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Neo42 wrote:

Or do like I did. Start with two boxes and tell yourself that you are only going to add two more per year (i.e. Birthday/Christmas), but then get hooked and buy every box available within a month of the original purchase and every future expansion as soon as possible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaveman wrote:

Or do like I did. Start with two boxes and tell yourself that you are only going to add two more per year (i.e. Birthday/Christmas), but then get hooked and buy every box available within a month of the original purchase and every future expansion as soon as possible!

That is my life! mb laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Whitney Barnes

California
msg tools
Think of it this way...your relatives will always know what to get you for your birthday, or Christmas...another box of Dominion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonithic wrote:
Maybe I'll start off slowly with building my collection.

Best way to do it. Each expansion increases the combinations of games you can play by... okay, a lot.

Also, you don't need to buy *every* Dominion expansion. Each Dominion expansion has its own personality, so buy the ones that best match your play preference.

+1 for birthdays and Christmas. I don't think RGG and Donald mind if you support the game with other people's money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kern
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Maybe others feel differently, but in my experience the difference between just the base set and base + 1 expansion is huge, much bigger than the difference from adding each additional expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yudantaiteki wrote:
Maybe others feel differently, but in my experience the difference between just the base set and base + 1 expansion is huge, much bigger than the difference from adding each additional expansion.

Any +1 expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaveman wrote:
Neo42 wrote:

That's what I'm scared of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.