United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
If an event card or a hero or ally card has a action that does not specify which player(s) is affected -- but for example just says "any character" or "any one hero" or any "in play" -- can I choose for it be applied to another player's card or just mine?

For example, if I have Glorfindel (Hero) or Daughter of the Nimrodel (Ally) in play, can I use their actions to heal a character or hero that belongs to another player?

Another example, if I play the event card, Blade Mastery, can I apply the action by choosing another player's character to receive the +1 benefits?

Also, cards that affect a card "in play" -- can they be used for another player's "in play cards" or just mine?

I have only played solo so far with only the core set, so it hasn't mattered, but I would like to play 2-player this week-end, so I need to know.

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
If an event card or a hero or ally card has a action that does not specify which player(s) is affected -- but for example just says "any character" or "any one hero" or any "in play" -- can I choose for it be applied to another player's card?

For example, if I have Glorfindel (Hero) or Daughter of the Nimrodel (Ally) in play, can I use their actions to heal a character or hero that belongs to another player?

Another example, if I play the event card, Blade Mastery, can I apply the action by choosing another player's character to receive the +1 benefits?

Also, cards that affect a card "in play" -- can they be used for another player's "in play cards"?

Yes, yes, yes and yes ... to each paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
If an event card or a hero or ally card has a action that does not specify which player(s) is affected -- but for example just says "any character" or "any one hero" or any "in play" -- can I choose for it be applied to another player's card or just mine?

Yes, you can apply it to cards of anoter player.

Jude wrote:
Also, cards that affect a card "in play" -- can they be used for another player's "in play cards" or just mine?

They can also be used on cards from another player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Patrick and Emile!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind, however, that if you are paying a cost, you can only do so with the cards under your control. For example, Protector of Lorien says Action: Discard a card from your hand to give attached hero +1[defense] or +1[willpower] until the end of the phase." Only you can do that. (Eowyn is different because her text specifically allows other players to use it.) Similarly, Strength of Will says "Response: After you travel to a location, exhaust a [spirit] character to place 2 progress token on that location." You must exhaust a Spirit character you control to gain this effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdmiralACF wrote:
Keep in mind, however, that if you are paying a cost, you can only do so with the cards under your control. For example, Protector of Lorien says Action: Discard a card from your hand to give attached hero +1[defense] or +1[willpower] until the end of the phase." Only you can do that. (Eowyn is different because her text specifically allows other players to use it.) Similarly, Strength of Will says "Response: After you travel to a location, exhaust a [spirit] character to place 2 progress token on that location." You must exhaust a Spirit character you control to gain this effect.

Thanks. I'll be careful about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.