Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Rush n Crush

and

Road Kill Rally

I had orderd them and shipped to a family member in the US where apperently my mom was visiting and she brought them back with her

I will be spending my weekend learning the ropes and rules to the games and have my first solo session

I did order World of Warcraft the boardgame a year ago and it's still there, she couldn't bring that back with her because it's huge. So during my trip to the US this summer, I will go visit and during my stay I will pick up the game and take it back to Israel by myself. It has been there long enoughshake

I should have never invested or gain interest in WoW, That game is so very complex and cannot be played solo.So screw WoW yuk I asked that they can sell it on eBay because I didn't want it anymore and my mom tells me there was no buyers. No one is interested. So finally after a long time I'm going to finally get WoW the board game in august.

I actually made my purchase in April 2011 and it's been sitting there in the garage where I shipped it to ever since. and having it sent by the post office is not an option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
PROTEIN. WATER. LIQUOR.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's wrong with this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac, with the "stream of consciousness" style of your postings, you should make a blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
guzerat wrote:

Crap, I forgot about that thread. I just want to keep the BGG community updated with a new thread informing that I got my games already.

what should I have kept the news for myself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
dedbob wrote:
Isaac, with the "stream of consciousness" style of your postings, you should make a blog.

You really kept up with my threads?. There are tons of people on BGG from all over, how is it possible to have a thread seen by someone 4 months ago and then that same person sees another thread with the same subject?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also remember your previous threads and am excited you will finally get to play some new games. I couldn't imagine having to wait so long!

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom tos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
guzerat wrote:

That would have been borderline criminal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just want to keep the BGG community updated with a new thread informing that I got my games already.

Yes, you really should have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forbes

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I just got two new games that were delivered from the US
guzerat wrote:

Crap, I forgot about that thread. I just want to keep the BGG community updated with a new thread informing that I got my games already.

what should I have kept the news for myself?:what:

No offense, but look at it this way.

Does everyone else post a thread when the status of a game of two of theirs changes?

If that were the case, every day, there would be hundreds of posts!

You're just some random person on the internet, and that you're going to be getting a couple games in the mail isn't news to me, nor is it news to anyone else. If you have something you feel is worth sharing, or a question, then, yes, post away! But stuff like this isn't interesting to anyone but you.

Since you've joined BGG, you have started over 180 discussion threads. Oftentimes, you have posted multiple threads within minutes of each other on the same topic. You've posted in the wrong subforums a lot - lots of rules questions in the general forums for many games, for example. A lot of the questions you're asking can typically be answered with a quick search, too.

While the number of thumbs a thread receives is hardly an important thing, if you're rarely getting more than 1-2 thumbs on threads you create, people just aren't interested in what you're saying. See peoples' responses in here? The responses in this thread telling you to stop starting threads like this have some thumbs, and your thread itself doesn't have any. It's the community telling you they don't care.

If we were to look at threads you've created ordered by how many thumbs they have received, it is a good indication of the sort of thing that people like to read. This isn't saying that every good thread should have 10+ thumbs; a rules question is a rules question, and if you need clarification, that is fine. But do yourself a favor and look through the rules forums before posting something. It looks like you often post several threads in the span of just a few minutes, on similar topics. What happens is people see your name, chuckle a bit, and maybe respond.

This isn't to say that you've never created any interesting discussions. See:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Boardgamefreak2geek/thumbs...

You have several threads that generated some good discussion, and all of the interesting ones have more thumbs than the other ones. Here's a thread of yours that generated some interesting discussion:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/741242/my-mom-says-im-to...

You're even talking about the same games as in this thread, in that thread. But look at what the people in the thread are talking about - their experiences as children, what their parents allowed them to do, and reasoning for why your parents treat you the way they do.

People weren't interested in the specific games in this case - they were interested in the discussion about parents allowing their kids to play games, or playing games themselves, or attempting to banish them.

This thread is simple, but it's a question that I had personally never seen asked. It generated a lot of interesting discussion about who makes good reviews and why. It caused me to find a couple new reviewers.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/759746/whos-your-favorit...

Threads like this:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/733662/no-one-responded-...

Posting a thread, complaining that nobody responded to you, is not good form. See how other people responded to you? People didn't respond to your original post because it was in the wrong place, uninteresting, or they just didn't feel the need to respond to whatever you wrote.

This:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/729671/im-looking-at-the...

This is pointless! Nobody cares about stuff like this.

This:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/771060/i-like-the-artwor...

Your subject is a run-on sentence talking about color in tiles, and asking questions, and then you ask some random, unanswerable questions. Not everyone reviews every game. Whatever they come out with, they come out with. If you really want to know, send the person a geekmail and ask them if they plan on reviewing the game. They may or may not respond - if they don't, don't continue to bother them.

Another post:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/762521/yes-finally-the-h...

Nobody cares if the game is available in your country or not. We don't. You can import them, it's expensive. We know that. Ask the people in Brazil about it - it's probably just as bad for them. They don't announce when their nonexistent local game store gets some random game in stock, do they?

So, there's some advice. You want people to respond to you in an interesting manner? Create some interesting content. Just trying to help here, as someone who has seen many, many threads by you pop up in the forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
dedbob wrote:

You really kept up with my threads?. There are tons of people on BGG from all over, how is it possible to have a thread seen by someone 4 months ago and then that same person sees another thread with the same subject?

Well you may be avatarless but your threads are memorable... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dedbob wrote:

Issac, with the way you post, it is very possible to see multiple threads with the EXACT SAME CONTENT... also from the EXACT SAME PERSON.

The number of times you had mentioned that you needed to smuggle games into Israel... the same games... the same story about selling WoW on eBay...

It is a bit excruciating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
guzerat wrote:

I thought you were linking to this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/776025/im-getting-two-ne...

From last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw your WoW on eBay, I wanted to buy it, but I don't trust eBay, it is full of crooks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.