Subject: Fail the Adventure Card, but where does my stamina go? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. K M
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
So I had 2 tasks, both with 1 skull & 1 -Stamina. I was able to complete one of them, but failed the second task. Does my stamina get discarded, or does it go back to my investigator.

Does Stamina automatically get discarded as soon as you choose to use it to try to complete a task, regardless of completing the adventure card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
kmeinhart wrote:
So I had 2 tasks, both with 1 skull & 1 -Stamina. I was able to complete one of them, but failed the second task. Does my stamina get discarded, or does it go back to my investigator.

Does Stamina automatically get discarded as soon as you choose to use it to try to complete a task, regardless of completing the adventure card?

In this case you would loose 1 Stamina.

To complete the first Task, you rolled the 1 Peril and then discarded a Stamina to complete the Task.

You attempted the second Task but since you didn't roll the required Peril, there would be no need to discard the Stamina.

From the rules, page 6
Quote:
When all die result requirements for this task have
been met, the active player modifies his Stamina by
the number indicated on the symbol to complete
the task.

You only discard Stamina (or Sanity or Advance the Clock) once you have meet all the dice requirements. If you don't meet the dice requirements, then you don't discard the Stamina.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. K M
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.