You're Bluffing!» Forums » Variants

Subject: Official Rules for the Short Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received a message from another BGG user inquiring about the rules for the "Short Version" that I mentioned elsewhere. Apparently the rules for this short version aren't in every edition of the game, so I'm posting them here for the benefit of those who don't have them in their copy of the rules. To speed up the game, I also recommend the variant in which players bid for two animals at the same time in each auction.

============================================
Short Version

Rather than starting with no animal cards in their hand, each player receives four animal cards from the deck to start. Auctions, cattle trades, and all other rules for the original version of the game apply. If the "golden donkeys" are among these cards, all players receive the extra money accordingly.

Source: 2002 English edition by Ravensburger

Note: if you want to eliminate luck, give each player a chicken, a goose, a cat, and a dog (as suggested here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the short version in my edition (translation from German and Slovene may not be the best)

Shortened game:
If you wish for a shorter game, always auction two animals at once.

Source: 2005 German edition by Ravensburger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kandell
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My edition also mandates for "cattle trading" that if you each have a pair of the animal you must offer to but two. Only if one had three and the other one would you make an offer for one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.