Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

Emerald City Comicon is in two weeks! If you are in the Seattle area, I encourage you all to come and check it out.

"Wait a second," Joe BGGer says, "Comics are okay and all, but why would I, a EuroGaming AmeriTrash-loving RPGing Grognard go to a comic book convention?"

I'm glad you asked! This year, ECCC will feature Emerald City Gaming, a huge addition to their already strong offerings of comics and media content.

We'll have Tournaments, Gaming Panels, and a whole host of Exhibitors

"Eric," Joe BGGer says, "this is great info. What else can you tell me?"

Well, take a look at the Gaming Map and see how it'll all be laid out. We'll have a Game Lending Library, game demos, vendors galore, lots of Magic: the Gathering and HeroClix events, and much more.

And come on down to the TCC Lower Level, and join me at the ECC Gaming Tournaments. I'll be running a full lineup of tournaments all weekend long, including League Tournament blocks (see the Tournaments link above for full list of included games), and special prize tournaments of Discworld: Ankh-Morpork, Munchkin Axe Cop, and Settlers of Catan.

"Oh!" Joe BGGer says, "So it's *called* Emerald City Comicon, but there's really a lot more to it!"

Bingo.

Hope to see you there, and let me know if you have any questions about the Gaming offerings. I don't know *everything*, but I can find out and get your questions answered.

Eric
ECCC Gaming Tournaments Minion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a bump, since it's only two days away! If you're in the Seattle area this weekend, consider coming to Emerald City Comicon. Remember, ECCC Gaming will be open *AFTER* the normal show floor closes - until Midnight on both Friday night and Saturday night. (Yes, yes, I know the website says it closes at 8 pm Friday and 7 pm Saturday -- LIES I tell you. LIES! Gaming will keep on rocking on the Lower Levels until midnight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
internety
msg tools
Hi Eric. Do you know if the board game library at ECCC will be more extensive than it was in 2012? Or will anything in the board gaming section be different than last year?

I remember in 2012 there were a several rare games that I was hoping to try that were not in the library.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! The library last year was comprised primarily of the collections of a few of the volunteers, plus games donated to the ECCC permanent collection (Mayfair, Gamewright, Cryptozoic, among other publishers, provided permanent donations). There may be more this time, but I've only got info specifically about the Tournaments, not new additions to the library.

Having said that, feel free to take a look through my Owned and my For Trade games, let me know if you wanted to try something on there, and I'll bring it along and make it available for you to try out.

I'll be down in the basement floor again running the Tournaments - please feel free to stop by! (Here's my Tournament Schedule - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cOT7q0zfOuKPWlaDu6lBSvRY...) If I don't have enough people for the tournament to fire off, then I'll be doing demos of the games instead.

Uncle's Games will be there as well, and they often bring a large demo game library as well, but I have no intel on which titles they'll be bringing to demo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.