Hide
6 Posts

Blood Bowl: Living Rulebook» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about modifers??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john doe
msg tools
Hi all, again i have ran into a minor issue...

Does a player trying to dodge get the +1 modifier to their roll just for attempting to make the roll??

Same question goes for when someone tries to pick the ball up, do they get +1 for just attempting to pick the ball up??.

or (the way i have been doing it)

If a player was trying to dodge they get the +1 modifier for actually making their roll... eg. if a player needs to roll a 4+, they must roll that 4+ to the +1 modifier.

hope someone can clear this up for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
All printed modifiers apply after the roll,

So an agility 3 player in no tackle zones will pick the ball up on a 3+ roll, and will dodge on a 3+ if there are no tackle zones on the square he is dodging to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john doe
msg tools
thanks for that but that wasnt the question, i already know modifiers are added after the D6 roll.... I need to know if a player gets the +1 just for attempting the roll.

Eg. In your example if a player has agility 3 and is trying to dodge into a space in no tackle zones, acroding to the chart he needs to roll a 4+. But realy he only needs a 3+ as he gets a +1 after the roll for attempting to dodge?? The same goes for picking up the ball....

If so why does a player get a +1 when modifiers are added just for attempting to dodge, pick up the ball???

Thnaks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, by the current rules (LRB6) rolls for dodging and picking up the ball get a +1 just for trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because they are considered easier that normal rolls (assuming no tackle zones). Even so I have had a surehanded dwarf with 3AG spend 4 turns and 8 rolls to pick up the ball on a 3+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john doe
msg tools
^^Thanks for the answers guys, it has helped me a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.