3 Posts

Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie question : Caliginite and light source rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Detective Conan
msg tools
Hello,

Still a Newbie to this game (game that I really enjoy)
So, another newbie question :

I am in the dungeon and have in my hand a Caliginite prowler, which gain +3 physical attack if there is darkness, and the Filigree Amulet (+2 light). I want to attack a rank 1 or 2 monster : can i decide not to use the Amulet and gain the +3 bonus ? Or do I have to always take into account all light sources I have in my hand ? Do I have to destroy the amulet card to be able to use the bonus of the Caligine in the ranks 1 and 2 ?

I want to thank all the very kind people here at BGG that are very helpful and who answered my questions this week (my first with a Thunderstone game on my table : but not the last one for sure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ohlmann
msg tools
IIRC you can't decide not to use a light source.

The filigree amulet is destroyed whether you "use" it or not ; being in your hand is enough to have to destroy it. In the same iea, if you go to village and don't buy anything the amulet is still destroyed, and if you go to the wood to destroy another card the filigree is destroyed too.

However, if you prepare a new hand and put the filigree on top of your deck, you don't destroy it. (it is destroyed if you don't put it at the top of your deck). Also, if you discard it before the end of the turn (with fortune teller or border guard, for example), you also don't destroy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only things you can choose not to use are Dungeon abilities.

If there is light in your hand, you must use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.