BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Germany

Subject: Looking for player group in Cologne (Köln) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paco Ito
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hällo!

I recently moved in to Cologne (Köln) and I want to find some German group that would accept me in whatever meetings they do. My only problem is that I don't really speak German, reason why general socializing is becoming a pain.

I usually play Dominion, Small World, Ghost Stories, Summoner Wars, any of the Sirlin games but I'm more than willing to try new games.

Danke vielmals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello and welcome
You should try Ali Baba Spielclub. We are meeting every Wednesday 19-24. Even though it's not written anywhere that English gaming is possible and most people in the club (almost everybody ) is German, there was no problem for me to join in and find lots and lots of great people to play with. Oh, yeah - I don't really speak German.

Check out the web page:
http://www.ali-baba-spieleclub.de/regionalverbande/koln/der-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Ito
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is great! It is just a 5 minute walk from where I am living now. Do I have to be there at 7 sharp or it wouldn't matter if I come a little late? I sometimes work past 19

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
You might come a tad earlier and there could be people already, if you come later it's not a problem at all. You might need to wait a couple of minutes to have some group finish playing a game, if you are unlucky. That's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Ito
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I went there and spent some good 4 hours of gaming, thanks for the tip Will come next week too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.